Patience wearing VERY Thin...

I know a guy who bummed around China for a year, he told me about seeing cats skinned alive. Not good.

The live boiling of lobsters is regarded as cruel by anyone with half a brain.

However, having worked in a posh restaurant I know that current guidelines are to place the lobster in deep freeze for around 20 minutes. This causes the brain to die/hibernate, which supposedly means they feel nothing when they are immersed in boiling water. Apparently :eek:

Now, you know that crabs have eyes on stalks? The preferred "humane" method is to cut their eyes off. Apparently the nervous shock kills them instantly.

A Korean friend tells me of a sushi-like food artform they have in his part of the world. The chef will pluck a fish out of a stream (diverted through the kitchen), place it on the slab and fillet it so quickly and skilfully that the fish head is still alive whilst you are tucking into your raw fish. Yum. :confused:

you cant just say you are a 'some meat' eater

Guess what... I'm a some meat eater. I don't eat anything that I would keep as a pet (so no cats or dogs), I don't eat anything that can't possibly be made without cruelty (veal). A simple rule of thumb is: don't eat anything that could have you in a fight. Unless they are delicious.

Many nations think we are far too squeamish about killing and eating animals. As one who has eaten "coq au vin" in France, to be told halfway through that the "coq" was the feathered chap I was on first-name terms with, I can't recommend eating anything you would regard as a pet.

Sponsored Links
That Korean dish was aired on television and huge complaints came in so they never did it again, also in Korea they are campaicning to stop the dog eating as dogs are now regarded as a pet there but not yet for life unfortunatley.

I used to deliver Lobsters and Crabs live to posh resturants around the South Midlands in 1984 and used to feel sorry for the little fella's, but your right about the fridge method.

Adam unless it is organic there is some degree of cruelty involved unless you buy local which means source your food as to where it comes from

AdamW said:
I don't eat anything that can't possibly be made without cruelty (veal).

What about force-feeding geese to make delicious pate?

What was the Korean dish called?

Simon, I don't eat fois gras: the only offal I eat is pigs intestines when I eat sausages... :LOL:

Have a read of this.

Fermented herring was one that caught my eye!

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
What was the Korean dish called?

Simon, I don't eat fois gras: the only offal I eat is pigs intestines when I eat sausages... :LOL:

Dont know Adam it was showing other countries tv somebody like Tarrent who did it.

There wouldnt be any pig gut in sausage but all the other stuff which you couldnt stomach will be there.

The intestines aren't in the sausage, they are around the sausage. :LOL: "Natural pork casings" they are listed as in the ingredients.

Isn't it the slightest bit hypocritical to criticise the way others eat animals when you don't think twice about it yourself?
To say they are killed humanely is no excuse they still die to give you a meal on your plate.
I admit to being a meat eater but i don't judge others and how and what they eat.
In countries they make do with whatever they can produce.

kendor said:
Isn't it the slightest bit hypocritical to criticise the way others eat animals when you don't think twice about it yourself?
To say they are killed humanely is no excuse they still die to give you a meal on your plate.
I admit to being a meat eater but i don't judge others and how and what they eat.

Yes Kendor we are all hypocrits and we are all a bunch of ******s--you on the other hand are so perfect and we cant understand why you bother with us lower forms of life--we are just not worthy

AdamW said:
The intestines aren't in the sausage, they are around the sausage. :LOL: "Natural pork casings" they are listed as in the ingredients.

I didnt think you could still get them Adam--i remeber as kids we used to eat raw sausage and my old man used to go mad as he said we would get tapeworms--we didnt know what they were but having seen many now i always make sure my sausages are very well done--stupid i know but if you ever see a tapeworm come out of a horse--ughhh

Freddie said:
AdamW said:

I didnt think you could still get them Adam--i remeber as kids we used to eat raw sausage and my old man used to go mad as he said we would get tapeworms--we didnt know what they were but having seen many now i always make sure my sausages are very well done--stupid i know but if you ever see a tapeworm come out of a horse--ughhh

So the horse had been at the sausages then :D

Yes Kendor we are all hypocrits and we are all a bunch of ****--you on the other hand are so perfect and we cant understand why you bother with us lower forms of life--we are just not worthy

Ha, another of your tongue-in-cheek replies Freddie? AND with a serious message. We try not to mock the afflicted. :LOL:

Freddie said:
kendor said:

Yes Kendor we are all hypocrits and we are all a bunch of ****--you on the other hand are so perfect and we cant understand why you bother with us lower forms of life--we are just not worthy
why do you mention the word we? you must know everything about everyone, and you resort to these silly retorts when you can't think of any argument.
I was merely stating that who are we to judge others by the fact of our own actions.

My daughter had a friend around the other evening, we were out on the veranda talking about life the universe and the whole darn thing when this moth decided to **** me off fluttering around me, it settled on the table and WHACK! I splatted the bugger!! the lad was really upset and told me off, why did I have to kill it, etc., I was tempted to do the same to him but stayed cool for the sake of my daughter and on reflection he was right how come we think life is so cheap even for a moth. ;)

kendor said:
Freddie said:
kendor said:

why do you mention the word we? you must know everything about everyone, and you resort to these silly retorts when you can't think of any argument.
I was merely stating that who are we to judge others by the fact of our own actions.

I mentioned we because the many people here who frequent other forums have the same opinion of you which is that you are what they call a troll or prat where you offer no view but just play a game of trying to ridicule a few people----------this is a post from another forum where they thought the man there was you, the thread was locked in the end as was another one which was removed where you name was mentioned, and before you start i had nothing to do with this i dont think i even posted on it.

Bob, why didn't you register as your real name KENDOR?..you gutless gimp..

I NEVER defended the terrorists, and if you wish to debate this in person please say so, I'll meet you anytime and knock your stupid head off.

Stop being a trouble making moron liberal bulls**tter and move to Japan as you seem to love the murdering Yellow Peril so much.

The entire japanese nation was responsible for their action, but then as you cannot be bothered to read the entire thread on the other site, I don't expect you understand reality.

Moderators....BOB may be Kendor from DIYNOT, simply trying to start s**t here, please watch his posts...

Seems your fame travels far :)

I'll give you the link if you want but i dont know if i am allowed to do that.

Sponsored Links
Back