perfect eggs.

You been down the New Inn or what? :D :D

Sponsored Links
the perfect hard boiled egg....doesnt required actually that much boiling at all.....place your eggs in a pan of cold water...no more than 6 for a small pan or 12 using a large one...the water should be about an inch above your eggs...place on heat source and bring just to a boil....then set aside, cover with lid for exactly 17 minutes. meanwhile....keep your water boiling....after the 17 mins...place the eggs (limit 5 or 6 at a time) back to the boiling water for 2 min...(this will separate the egg from the shell) and after the 2 mins, place in ice water....this keeps that green line from forming on the yellow. Yes it is fussy....but it does produce the perfect hard boiled egg. ;)

Blimey we can only afford one egg between 4 over here.. never mind 17 mins of boiling... We were talking soft boiled with thickly buttered soldiers of new crusty bread with a large cuppa Indian tea... :D

Sponsored Links
empip said:
Blimey we can only afford one egg between 4 over here.. never mind 17 mins of boiling... We were talking soft boiled with thickly buttered soldiers of new crusty bread with a large cuppa Indian tea... :D

sounds to me like you've had too many (eggs, that is)....perhaps some dry toast and some tea.... :confused: ...since you are the experts at that:cool:

mlb3c said:
empip said:

sounds to me like you've had too many (eggs, that is)....perhaps some dry toast and some tea.... :confused: ...since you are the experts at that:cool:

Bloody hell.That's telling you 'pip. :eek:

EDIT: Wheres the expletive gone?

empip said:
Hey! no one told me it was indian tea, I've been thinking 'cowboy' tea all this time :confused:
drunk out of a used bake bean can preferably Heinz, lid flapped as a handle.
;)

empip said:
You been down the New Inn or what? :D :D

Funny you should say that I was in Blagdon / Chew Magna and Nempnett T on Saturday, I didn't say that X was bad for you, just that a it is the stuff that makes the yolk bright orange. It is added to battery hen feed to make the yolks appear bright orange, which in the public's eye has become the distorted "norm" Yes Xanthrophyll is a naturally occurring substence, for instance if you cover a patch of grass with a bin liner for a few days, when you remove it the grass will be yellow, guess where the yellow colour comes from!

So in summary, hens obtain xantrophyll naturally, but not in the quantities to produce bright orange yolks.

On the odd occasion when we catch lobster, we give the shells to the chooks, they go nuts for it, and if they have too much it makes the eggs taste fishy but also the egg yolks go deep yellow/orange sort of marbled.
nice :D

The hens in question were deffo freely ranging the paddock, 'cause I, as a kid, used to collect eggs for the owner, I guess I may not have seen or more to the point taken notice of any other feed given... Apart from the normal household stuff she threw out for them... I know she took great care over their water.

Lovely countryside...

N. Thrubwell I hope you did not nick the sign?

Did you test a 'Plough Inn'? ;)
---------------------
DickieP up and about early, yet again.
:rolleyes:

No sign of any Plough's ;) no bl**dy roadsigns either, what is it with Somerset, why are they so against roadsigns, also Multimap directed me straight through Bath on the A4, how rubbish is that, took over an hour to crawl through the lovely city, not easy in a huge truck either!, still a nice day out..... househunting :eek:

Oooer... Aqua Sulis - That was very close !

Yep, if you came via J18 M4 .. You needed A420 toward Bristol - ring road to A4 - Keynsham to A37 Wells road clear run to Chew Valley and the Mendip area.
Better would be M4 to M5 south, J19 (Portishead - worth a look) left toward bristol A369 - follow signs for Failand / Backwell / Nailsea - Then follow signs for Bris' Inter Airport... A38 provides easy access to Mendip area / Chew Valley... congests with airport traffic from time to time as do many sideroads in the immediate area.
Spot any 'Off site Airport parking?' Still at it, shrugging off £20,000 planning fines..
;)

empip said:
Oooer... Aqua Sulis - That was very close !

Yep, if you came via J18 M4 .. You needed A420 toward Bristol - ring road to A4 - Keynsham to A37 Wells road clear run to Chew Valley and the Mendip area.
Better would be M4 to M5 south, J19 (Portishead - worth a look) left toward bristol A369 - follow signs for Failand / Backwell / Nailsea - Then follow signs for Bris' Inter Airport... A38 provides easy access to Mendip area / Chew Valley... congests with airport traffic from time to time as do many sideroads in the immediate area.
Spot any 'Off site Airport parking?' Still at it, shrugging off £20,000 planning fines..
;)

That's the way we went back :D

Sponsored Links
Back