perfect eggs.

Two eggs in a pan.

One says "Blimey, it's hot in here"

Other one says "That's nothing. When they get you out they smash your head in."

Sponsored Links
Richardp said:
[code:1]Yolk colour varies. It is almost completely dependent upon the feed the hen eats. Birds that have access to green plants or have yellow corn or alfalfa in their feed tend to produce dark yolks, due to the higher concentration of yellow pigments (mainly carotenoids) in their diet. Since commercial laying hens are confined, lighter and more uniformly coloured yolks are being produced. Yolk colour does not affect nutritive value or cooking characteristics. Egg yolks are a rich source of vitamin A regardless of colour. [/code:1]

Green plants including grass... corn and alfafa being natural feed. Ergo - Free range chickens produce darker yolks.

JohnD said:
Two eggs in a pan.

One says "Blimey, it's hot in here"

Other one says "That's nothing. When they get you out they smash your head in."
John
did you make up that joke? :eek:

Sponsored Links
ginger-1.jpg

:)

BoxBasher said:
Richardp said:
[code:1]Yolk colour varies. It is almost completely dependent upon the feed the hen eats. Birds that have access to green plants or have yellow corn or alfalfa in their feed tend to produce dark yolks, due to the higher concentration of yellow pigments (mainly carotenoids) in their diet. Since commercial laying hens are confined, lighter and more uniformly coloured yolks are being produced. Yolk colour does not affect nutritive value or cooking characteristics. Egg yolks are a rich source of vitamin A regardless of colour. [/code:1]

Green plants including grass... corn and alfafa being natural feed. Ergo - Free range chickens produce darker yolks.

Since when have Alfafa and Maize (Corn) been natural in this country? mind you since when have Chickens been native? Grass, I'll give you. Answer as said, depends what they're fed. But is only cosmetic so who cares really?

We may not have Alfalfa, but we have Clover

JohnD said:
We may not have Alfalfa, but we have Clover
I can't believe 'its not butter' is not butter! I don't mean butter is not butter but its not butter is not butter.

Richardp said:
I can't believe 'its not butter' is not butter! I don't mean butter is not butter but its not butter is not butter.
go and have a lie down :)

Sponsored Links
Back