Picture of the week!™

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well folks, it's that time again!

How many faults can you spot?

This is a supply to a single socket, which takes the most convolouted route I think I have ever seen. They got one or two bits wrong on the way.

I've done a flow chart to help you work out what is going on in the pictures.

c3sflowchart.jpg

c3s1.jpg

c3s2.jpg

c3s3.jpg

c3s4.jpg

c3s5.jpg

c3s8.jpg

c3s6.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Well I'm heading to the pub so you'll not get anything out of me till after work tomorrow anyway:cool:

OK since all the professionals are either too tired or too drunk to start off ... Am I misunderstanding your diagram? Is 10->11 0.75mm on a 20A fuse and 5->6 2.5mm on a 100A?

It is an Ancient Sparky
He worketh one of three.
The other days he stayeth in bed,
too drunk to stand or see.

I think I have spotted it. The Mr Muscle clearly says it is for use in the kitchen, and yet that doesnt look like a kitchen to me!!!Am I right or am I right!! :LOL: I am good. ;)

heres a few -

is that 2.5 singles withh 100A protection at 5>6 and 5>8 ?
whats with the yellows into each phase at 5?
1.5 singles with 20A protection at 8>9
nice gland arrangement between 5>9 :confused:
what was the point of 10>11, when the iso is attached to machine it supplies.
-0.75 under 20 A protection.
-Would like to know the FLC of the machine

oh, and some git has knicked the lids of most of the enclosures :)

The lids were removed for photographic purposes :LOL:

Yep, you're right with all the ones you've spotted so far, but we got more...

Not sure on the FLC of the machine. Found the rating plate but it was blank. :rolleyes: AFAIK, the supply is just for a hydraulic pump, so probably not a huge load.

of course there is more... but is that spur wired in blue+black... could be interesting regarding polarity :LOL:

(I know that wiring single phase circuits according to which phase it was on was common practice for some contractors, but I don't think that for final circuits it was ever permitted.... only submains could be coloured this way!)

(I know that wiring single phase circuits according to which phase it was on was common practice for some contractors, but I don't think that for final circuits it was ever permitted.... only submains could be coloured this way!)

That was in at least the 15th regs 1984,exception as part of a 3 phase final circuits obviously.
That spur may be newer than that , judging by the size of the fuse holder bit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back