Please help, I don't like the new toilet I have been given.....

Please tell me a genuine plumber has not installed that? If he was I would suggest you try and get your money back, or get him back to do it properly. (the hose onto the existing cold isolation valve is unbelievable) I hope you get it sorted out in the end.

Sponsored Links
Hi, He had a go at trying to sort it to day and it is still quite a way off the wall, more shockingly though, he had to remove newly laid lino, and because he couldn't get hold of more of the same lino, he put down a different one.....which is different to the through way that leads to the kithen etc. When I complained he went crazy and said he was coming to my house to take slabs from my garden to take as payment for what I owe him...

It does look a little better. I'm sorry you have ended up with a idiot of a "plumber"

Sponsored Links
There is no lino in your first post ,did you have the lino fitted and then asked for the toilet to be moved?

Tell him to crack on as that would be criminal damage... which some might argue is what he committed to your bog. Sounds like a right *****.

I don't think a decent plumber would A) leave that crappy plastic isolation valve in B) have any flexi coupler actually showing C) use two pan connectors on one pan like that.

As the soil pipe goes through the floor a few inches away from the wall I think it is reasonable to have a small gap between cistern and wall that can be infilled but that is ridiculous...

... having seen your more recent photo it looks a little better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back