Plumber pipe centres, wrong - ame I being fussy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my plumber got his pipe centres a few off so he had to fit a angle in. Pipe work to rad, which works. He then decided to use original valves(if he had asked me to change valves it would have been better.

He claims if he paints pipe work it would look ok.

Am I being too fussy

Sponsored Links
Did you not explain what you wanted when you asked him to do some work for you? Usually issues like this are just due to lack of communication. Equally the opposite could of happened where they bought and fitted new valves and customer says the old ones were perfectly fine.

Ok he got his pipe centres wrong. So he had to bring the pipe up and then forward again(2 copper bends) . I don't mind if he got copper pipe bends wrong by changing the valve we could have got away with 1 bend

Sponsored Links
Attached

Attachments

• IMG_8529.JPG
    IMG_8529.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 405
to be honest. to put it right is going to mean breaking the tiles. yes he cocked up but realistically the pipes will need painting anyway. by which time i doubt you'd even notice them

I would also have used straight valves!

Paint pipes with the colour of the background, the tiles in this case.

But this should be a lesson to everyone reading on the importance of agreeing three things in advance.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back