Plumber pipe centres, wrong - ame I being fussy

Trv on a bathroom towel rail??

Pipework is poor.

Is he doing the whole bathroom?
How much are u paying?

I rarely do bathrooms but if I did and made that mistake I'd put it right even if it meant taking the tiles back off.

Sponsored Links
That is 10 square meteres of tiles. New shower, basin waste, tanking, hardie backer. And fitting a vanity for basin. Also a new shower base and bath, and fitting new shower . Labour inly

Fair price **** happens accept it.
It's not ideal and a bit of a silly error, but what I was getting at was if you were paying £10-15k for the bathroom refit make him redo it.

Sponsored Links
its easy to criticize after the event!
Isnt it better to give helpful advice?
we all can say ..I would of!

Have chat with the fella and say you would really prefer the pipes to come straight and no bend etc.
its 4 tiles maximum... maybe 2 and abit of pipework re-config.
To get the bathroom how you want it now! while work is getting done is the best bet

BTW no TRV for me!! Nice 15mm chrome valves in bathroom, especially on towell rail.

BTW no TRV for me!! Nice 15mm chrome valves in bathroom, especially on towell rail.

I agree, but that towel rail will be coming off in not too distant future as it will not even keep a squirrel warm in its den.

Ok so the guy used another elbow. Tidy enough job. If he was supplied the correct valves, sure he would have fitted supplied valves. OP did you not say job is labour only? If yes, then plumber is fitting what you supply. If he is charging T&M, then I would be critical of the end result.

Well rough ,straight valves and chrome pipework.no excuses for work like that
If customer supplied me the wrong valves as a professional I would have asked them to get me the correct ones and some chrome pipe and couple elbows whilst at it

Well rough ,straight valves and chrome pipework.no excuses for work like that
If customer supplied me the wrong valves as a professional I would have asked them to get me the correct ones and some chrome pipe and couple elbows whilst at it
I didn't provide wrong valve. If he got centres correct they would have been the correct valve

Bg I did not say you had,my answer to others about wrong valves is as a professional plumber they should know exactly what they need to do the job correctly

I didn't provide wrong valve. If he got centres correct they would have been the correct valve

Perhaps he anticipated a straight valve instead of an angled valve and holes were already drilled in the wall.:)

My worry would be the heat output from that radiator instead of the holes in the wall (which of course can be covered with suitable pipe collar).

Bg I did not say you had,my answer to others about wrong valves is as a professional plumber they should know exactly what they need to do the job correctly

Happy Plumber, Am 100% in agreement with you to what you say. But sometimes when an enduser supplies material, ones professionalism goes straight out of the window as enduser is keen on saving money and wants to tap the professional's brains and often wrong components are supplied
What does the enduser know about different types of valves for a radiator. The valves fitted to his radiator look very similar to ones I replaced last week as said valves were weeping from the spindle

A professional will often do a job that is not going to incur repeat visits

A few months ago I attended a fault with replacement parts for a boiler that was malfunctioning and leaking from several places (Netatec GA boiler). Price was given for parts and labour but the owner wanted to sleep on it. I then got several calls from him to say come and change the parts as he had now sourced the parts that I had taken with me at the earlier visit. No way did I want to be involved in fitting parts that could end up causing me grief and unrest should said parts not function as expected.
Needless to say, unless someone has carried out the task, his boiler will still be leaking and his 'new' parts are still in the packaging.

I might be my eyes or the picture, but if you mounted the towel rail lower would the angled valves not go straight on to the pipes coming out of the wall, they don't look that far out from the photo

I might be my eyes or the picture, but if you mounted the towel rail lower would the angled valves not go straight on to the pipes coming out of the wall, they don't look that far out from the photo
That's true. But he said their wasn't much adjustment and it just didn't fit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back