Am i being fussy bstard?

Part P is the building regs and not BS7671. Part p echos the 16th edition except for the inclusion of kitchens which is in neither the OSG or the regs. Part P from my knowledge doesn't state alll metallic surfaces because you no longer bond metal sinks. removed from the 15th edition.Part p courses aim at the side of caution and to be fair are not that in depth. if you tell people to do everything then they cant miss anything, doen't amke it dangerous but doesn't mean its right. :)

Sponsored Links
External wiring must correctly earthed, Polarised and in accordance with BS 6891.

In IE this is the current addition of I>S>813 domestic gas installations.

Connection to the whole electrical system of the boiler, including any heating controls, to the electrical supply must be through one common isolator and must be fused 3amps maximum.

isolation should be by a double pole switched fused spur box, with a minimum gap of 3mm for both poles.

Alternative connection can be made through an unswitched shuttered socket and 3amp fused 3pin plug, both to the current issue of BS 1363 may be used, provided they are not used in a room containing a bath or shower.

lcgs said:
Part P is the building regs and not BS7671. Part p echos the 16th edition except for the inclusion of kitchens which is in neither the OSG or the regs. Part P from my knowledge doesn't state alll metallic surfaces because you no longer bond metal sinks. removed from the 15th edition.Part p courses aim at the side of caution and to be fair are not that in depth. if you tell people to do everything then they cant miss anything, doen't amke it dangerous but doesn't mean its right. :)

then if its metal and cant move I am bonding it :)

Sponsored Links
doitall said:
External wiring must correctly earthed, Polarised and in accordance with BS 6891.

In IE this is the current addition of I>S>813 domestic gas installations.

Connection to the whole electrical system of the boiler, including any heating controls, to the electrical supply must be through one common isolator and must be fused 3amps maximum.

isolation should be by a double pole switched fused spur box, with a minimum gap of 3mm for both poles.

Alternative connection can be made through an unswitched shuttered socket and 3amp fused 3pin plug, both to the current issue of BS 1363 may be used, provided they are not used in a room containing a bath or shower.

now you are just showing off

The plumbing equivilent of popping a wheelie

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

festive said:
doitall said:
2. the boiler is connected to the top, softened water, ok for the DHW but not the filler loop which fills the radiators.

The top pipe is connected to the IN pipe on WS so that's unsoftened? Or is the WS itself connected wrong ?!?

Yes the water softener is connected wrong, swop the two hoses over. or get you're plumber to check it out.

Hide your RSJ's corgiman will be running green and yellow wire to them if he can see them. ;)

lcgs said:
Hide your RSJ's corgiman will be running green and yellow wire to them if he can see them. ;)

damn right, count yourself lucky if i dont bond ya lawnmower while i am at it

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

better hope your kids dont have braces either ;)

okay so one more question.

There's no external loop filler, so it uses the internal filler, from the cold water in i guess? Which is softened.
And that's not good for CH system correct? So he should be fitting and un softened external loop filler to system also?

festive said:
okay so one more question.

There's no external loop filler, so it uses the internal filler, from the cold water in i guess? Which is softened.
And that's not good for CH system correct? So he should be fitting and un softened external loop filler to system also?

Manufacturers instructions also recommend an external filling loop for filling the system.

Sorry Chris, its been hard running up n down the stairs takin pics and keeping up!! Ive seen youve said this already, just clarifying as my plumbing knowledge is of DIY level which as u may appreciate is way out of my league here.

Im double checking as some people have said no worries about SS heat exchangers and then a no no due to steel rads!

i thin DIA asked about GAS, plumber mentioned he was running system in 32(?)mm as he didn't want a pressure drop with gas hob and boiler kicks in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back