Possible Fubar inside.. Ideas.. ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys.

I have been converting my loft for a while and have insulated most of it with celtox and created all the partitions for it.

I am not doing the electrics work, it will be carried out by an electrician. However my mates have pointed out that I needed to insulate after the 1st fix had been completed.

Now I am like .. the cables sockets would go under the new floor joints and the lights will simply run up a new studded partition and then spur out.

does any of that make sense?

Sponsored Links
So are you saying that you have not insulated yet?
It is much easier to install wiring and backboxes prior to insulating.
As there is insulation going to be installed then the electrician should be made aware of this, so derating factors of CSA of cables can be calculated.

So are you saying that you have not insulated yet?
It is much easier to install wiring and backboxes prior to insulating.
As there is insulation going to be installed then the electrician should be made aware of this, so derating factors of CSA of cables can be calculated.

Partitions are up and most of the insulation is in.

He knew about the insulation.

so normally if you are bringing the cables from the MCB downstairs upstairs for the sockets would you route the cables to the top area and drop the cables down the partitions or would you go under the floor joists ?

Having a quick read about the cabling it seems if it is insulated area the amount of current the cable can carry is less. I assume thats because of the thermal risk of fire and heat.

Sponsored Links
Spoke to him.
Said no big problem :D

Waiting on next week for install.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back