potterton lynx problem, in despair...help please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
with winter on its way and my girlfriend very pregnant our boiler is deciding to play up. Have a potterton lynx, and it has been working really well for years. Until now. On occasions the demand light comes on and whether the central heating/ or the hot water is on, the lowest light is on. Therefore, water or heating is cold. However if I give the front pannel a tap (or light whack) it starts up and stays on for hours sometimes days without any problems. Please guys any ideas??

Sponsored Links
Usually dry joints on the full sequence pcb. Sometimes pcbs can be repaired but i would advise changing the pcb. To be honest though i would seriously think about changing the boiler

Sponsored Links
yes i agree pcb sounds bit dodgy i just hope its the one as this boiler has 3 all at about £100 a piece :confused: might be worth while thinking bout new boiler that ones got to be getting on for 20 years old :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back