POTTERTON PROFILE 80 EL (WALL MOUNTED) drivin me nuts!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning everyone I have a problem with my profile 80el its starting to drive me nuts as I can see no reason why the boiler has started doing this anyway heres the fault :- The boiler switches on and off okay and ignites all the burners okay however when the boiler is running it will suddenley start trying to light the burners again causing the clicking sound (even though all the burners are lit) Its the same sound as if the boiler was calling for gas eg the meter run out etc. We do not have a token meter and all the burners are okay and there is plenty of gas pressure so that is not causing the fault. However I have seemed to isolate the fault to the hot water side of the system as when I switch off the hot water the clicking stops and there is no longer a problem the heating side works okay. Turning back on the hot water the clicking will intermittantly occur and continue getting more frequent until I once again switch off the hot water and switch it then back on from the programmer. ANY IDEAS?????? PLEASE HELP!!! many thanks.

Martin Thompson

Sponsored Links
Hi, I have cleaned and Vacuumed out all the burners and cleaned out the flue is there anything else I can do ? if not can u reccommend a good CH engineer in the south of Birmingham?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info what do I need to do. Do I need replace anything or can you tell what causes this value to drop.

thanks

Your Right KEV PLUMB I am not CORGI REGISTERED (oh dear I hear u all say ) So does that make me stupid and an idiot NO. I have quite a bit of intelligence, nouse etc and I am trying to understand the problem I have NO intention of trying to carry out a repair to the boiler all I was asking was what is wrong and therefore have a rough idea of how much it is going to cost. I do not want to get ripped off and if any of u guys can tell or reccomend me a central heating engineer in the SW of Birmingham then I will call him. I have read the stories of 180.00 for a service and read your comments about that so perhaps u understand why I would like a rough idea of what is causing the fault .

I am Sorry if I have upset anyone but I was just interested in what can cause the fault and how urgent it needs to be looked at.

thanks

Martin

it dosent upset me
it might upset your street if the thing goes bang tho

could be flame detection electrode (reasonable)

BTW nobody implird you where stupid :)

Thanks KEVPLUMB no I didnt think u implied I was stupid no worries. What I need to know is. Can it hang on till after the weekend when I will be at home. or does it need to be looked at ASAP.

Would you beleive it the wife has turned the control on the front of the boiler down from 4 to 2 and it has not happened today as yet.

any ideas ? or does that bear out the previous comments.

thanks Martin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back