Price for new boiler install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jedi,what you have to remember at a merchants the installer will get some cash off compared to what you will be asked to pay this is due to they have repeat business with the same merchant.
For example 10 installers buying the same boiler,well they all have different levels of bargaining out a good price,due to amount of boilers purchased already so all 10 should be on different price structures.
In reality for example your kit you require costs £1100,00 from a shed (b&que wickies screwflux etc) an installer will have their own local merchant where they will buy the same for £950,00.example.
So the saving is not that great but remember if there is a problem after installation (say the boiler does not work) it's not down to you to sort it out and maybe your installer is affiliated to a manufactures scheme where you benefit of a longer warranty.

So pay your money and take your choice. Nothing wrong in trying to save a few pounds thou.
All the best.(y)

Sponsored Links
I can't buy a boiler for much less than you can get them on Plumbnation, and I buy a 3 figure number every year.

Difference is the box arrives in one piece and if there's any damage it gets swapped immediately. No hanging round on the phone, losing a day's work etc etc.

Your idea of supplying the parts has only one beneficiary - and every serious boiler installer knows this and walks away.

And the idea of quoting on line for an unseen job is fanciful; doesn't stop some on here. But then they weren't going to do the job anyway.

Of course if the parts were 2nd hand or used/opened box's I don't blame you for staying well clear.. I'd do the same... But for example, what's wrong with me choosing what parts I want, eg. Boiler, thermostat, timer etc and then if it makes you feel better you order them. I don't know where you guys get your stuff from, but plumb nation has some competitive prices..among others?

Someone tried that with me. He picks my brains and goes out and orders parts himself. Then calls me to fit said parts.
Hell will freeze over before I contemplate going to his door to fix his boiler.

Let me use an analogy....

Chap walks into a restaurant and when seated at the table is presented with the menu...

"no thank you, I have brought my own ingredients, knife fork and plate etc, just ask the chef to cook this lot for me will you please"

I suspect the response would be, well, pithy.

DH

Sponsored Links
Lots, and unless you come here with a crazy low, or crazy high estimate we have no way of telling what something will cost.

Asking for a labour only figure just screams "tight ass on google" anyway.

I'd rather buy my own bits so the installer don't put extra on.. Plus I can get the spec I want and not cheap ass boilers that they supply.. And put mark up on parts etc..

Why can't you get the spec you want with your installer supplying? If your chosen installer is insisting that you have a boiler that you don't want, choose a different installer.

Incidentally, what spec have you chosen?

Chap walks into a restaurant and when seated at the table is presented with the menu...

"no thank you, I have brought my own ingredients, knife fork and plate etc, just ask the chef to cook this lot for me will you please"

DH
Well said that man

In spite of all that I would still fit a new boxed customer supplied boiler because I don't aim to make any profit on boiler supply although I do like to add about £15 for collecting and delivering it.

My fit prices are the same whoever supplies the boiler. In fact I rather prefer the idea that the customer provides it because it lets me off the hook about warrantees.

Like Simond I don't normally find that I can get any boiler significantly cheaper than the cut price up north places. However, because they come with a careless courier I am very reluctant to fit any that come that way in case of transit damage.

With those customers who want to supply the boiler thinking they will save money, I usually ask what price they can get it for. In many cases I can get it a little cheaper by just knowing of more places to look and in those cases ONLY I will supply it at say £20 less if I can make a little on it by buying at perhaps £50 less. So the customers gets it a bit cheaper and I can make a little out of his silly ideas.

DH

Especially if it was MickyG's place:). Anyone heard how he is doing - any one been?

Re supplying materials do you want the guy to just turn up with his tools and get on with the job for an agreed labour price .
Are you going to supply screws ,rawplugs ,flux , solder, jointing paste, wire wool ,sand cement , plaster/filler, blowlamp gas , every single fitting,inhibitor,cleaner, drill bits saw blades ,disc cutter wheels, ptfe, nails and any other consumable that i have forgot because the price you pay for all these as a joe public will take any presumed saving you think your making on supplying the boiler.

It's not about the money I've had a few quotes, and all are supplying cheap sh!te spec gear... I want a Worcester bosch 32cdi boiler with Worcester bosch accessories too. Not Danfoss this and and other make that... I want it all Worcester bosch branded gear.... Is not me penny-pinching it's the people doing the quotes /installs... That's why I want to supply the parts so I know what I'm getting and it's all the same make...

Why a Worcester bosch accredited fitter wants to fit another brand of thermostat and timer is beyond me....

Why go with Worcester if you don't want sh1te gear?? ;)

Personally I would have no problem if the punter supplied the boiler but if it went wrong it would be down to them

Have you not thought that perhaps he has fitted worcester stuff before and knows they are sh#te and over priced sh#te at that .
Personally i would give you what you want if you didnt want to liten to advise .
I would price it up tell you the price and then when you said you wanted to supply all the stuff i would merely knock the cost of what i would pay for the materials . I know that when you added both figures up again afterwards you would be hundreds more expensive and i wouldnt have to worry about providing an after service .

And its really simple you just say to the quoters this is the spec i dont want it altered no matter how wrong I AM . then you know what your prices are

OP: Purely as a matter of interest, from where have you got the notion that Worcester is the be all and end all of heating equipment? Not having a go (I have a Worcester) but do you know anything other than waht their ads tell you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back