Price for new boiler install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I see your point when out of warranty, but with 7 years on offer its not my problem for a while.. But I will have a look at the classic range now you mention them. (y)

I see your point when out of warranty, but with 7 years on offer its not my problem for a while.. But I will have a look at the classic range now you mention them. (y)
Pay me a couple of hundreds more I will install a Vaillant for you.:LOL:

Vaillant Pro, entry level same as Worcester i and Si, 7 years warranty.

Vaillant Plus, the top range, same as Worcester CDi, 10 years warranty!

Filter included, as is power flush and chemicals they say..

I wonder if you have to subscribe to an expensive service plan? (n)

Now your confusing me.. (n)o_O:confused:
TBH, you should.

Please remember you are talking with some experienced boiler engineers who have no business connection with you, but purely to help you and others here. As an amerturer if you could catch us up by doing Google search or reading Which?, just for one boiler installation homework, you are equally saying we are not clever than you, and we are not competent on our jobs.

I do think its hit and miss though? What one installer thinks is a great job etc. another will say is rubbish, I have high expertations, especially if im paying a professional good money to do a professional job... Ive had proffesionals in before and to be honest as an amature myself, my work is 100% better...not being big headed or bullsh!tting..This is all aspects of work not just boilers...So I just do all my work myself now, that way I know whats been done and has been done to a very good standard, it may take me 10 times longer to do the jobs, because im learning on the way, but it gets done and has never gone wrong so far.

Like people say "If its your own house/car/garden etc you make sure its done right and not rushed.

But as now amatures are not allowed to install gas, we have to leave it to the "Proffessionals"

Now there are probably a lot of good ones out there? But I cant seem to find them..Ive paid good money and ended up with crap jobs, I can do a crap job myself for free:).

Just opening up my hallway has reviled a lot of sh!te workmanship over the years, this is what the so called proffessionals have left me with:cry:.

Same with cars, the main dealers are the worst for rushing jobs ect as they have time constraints...Best thing I every did was drop all garages and do the work myself.

You tell me how to find a sh!t hot boiler installer around the manchester area?

So far what seems my best option is through energy alliance, as they seem to think they can offer me a free grant of £800 towards the work? bringing it to £2088, WB accredited installer 5 maybe 7 years parts and labour warranty? is this a good price even without the grant? seems expensive to me but then again, ive got £1500 of boiler and controls, its all down to how good the installer is?...HIT n MISS again

Last edited:
So far what seems my best option is through energy alliance, as they seem to think they can offer me a free grant of £800 towards the work? bringing it to £2088, WB accredited installer 5 maybe 7 years parts and labour warranty? is this a good price even without the grant? seems expensive to me but then again, ive got £1500 of boiler and controls, its all down to how good the installer is?...HIT n MISS again
Hi jedi, how can you get £800 towards your boiler replacement from Energy Alliance?

Interestingly if this is true, I wish I could offer this benefit to my future customers for their boiler replacements, so my quotes will be more competitive. £800 is a lot for a system conversation.

But after I read their web site: http://www.energy-alliance.co.uk/cashback-offer/, it only says you will get £300 cash back with a boiler replacement, and one of the conditions is to use an installer from Energy Alliance who might charge you £300 more in the first instance.

Have you ever heard British Gas will also give you a couple of hundreds for an old boiler being replaced?

That's what they tell me? So my total bill for:

32cdi combi compact
Wave controller
Flue
Powerflush
Make good brickwork
Install new 22mm gas pipe
In fact a complete system conversion as you call it. Will cost me £2088. BG wanted £2750 for a like for like boiler replacement. With God knows what kit?

I still very dubious about this £800..but they say they have a pot of money for around 40 houses in my area and that I qualify because of the age of boiler?

We don't qualify thought the benefits system as we claim non... They say it's not the green deal as this is now dead, and was just a loan anyway.

Some sort of secret government grant? But still I can't find it anywhere.

The guy who came to do the epc said it's to do with this website. And to look on there..

Http://gmenergyadvice.co.uk.

Little bill? Some sort of community funding? They have 3 installers that work with them all WB accredited apparently? still don't get it, but if that's the total install cost and nothing to pay back later, then it's the best quote I've had so far, if not a tad confusing.

Hmmm... So there going to invite people round to look at my new boiler lol! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: the installer better do a good job.. Or I'll showcase his workmanship too...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back