Price for new boiler install

Status
Not open for further replies.
t
Worcester didn't supply another companies filter!
Come on, wake up.

TF1's leak like a sieve. Did you not notice tge spare o rings that they now supply with them for when it leaks.

Thats what im told?, I will be chasing it up. WB do recommend Fernox and Sentinel products for use in there systems though? Maybe they did autherise it? Maybe theres is sh!te

The TF1 compact is not leaking yet(y)

Sponsored Links
Dream on.
As with the rest of your thread, you won't listen!
Worcester now have their own filter, ironically made by adey (the company that make magnaleak), why would they authorise another manufacturers product as a warrenty enhancement especially when it's one in direct competition with their own manufacturer.

You've opted for the cheapest crapest install available, now your paying the price with poor products and inferior warranties.

Dream on.
As with the rest of your thread, you won't listen!
Worcester now have their own filter, ironically made by adey (the company that make magnaleak), why would they authorise another manufacturers product as a warrenty enhancement especially when it's one in direct competition with their own manufacturer.

You've opted for the cheapest crapest install available, now your paying the price with poor products and inferior warranties.

Ive opted for a cheap install? would you have charged more?

WB authorise the use of Fernox and Sentinal inhibitors as a condition of the warranty?...why not produce there own?

I will see what they have to say about it on monday.

So apart from just saying its a crap install without any explanations why? any other problems you can see with it.

so far:

1. no double check valve on filling loop.
2. cables not tied down routed properly.
3. untidy pipework (but does this effect the performance of the boiler in anyway, or dont you know?)

Sponsored Links
Forget the professionals you seen what there like..

This is what a professional job should look like.
mightygash2.jpg

It's a crap install because it looks unprofessional, a pro wouldn't leave that pipework in that state, but like you said if it works who cares.

The extra year is only when fitted with a greenstar filter btw.

Attachments

• mightygash.jpg
    mightygash.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 102
Any reason these professionals couldn't correctly measure the flue Length and have cut it wrong?????

but no explanations as to why its a crap install....:sleep: apart from my 3 points in post #124

Who woould do what?= WB authorise the use of Fernox and Sentinal products ie inhibitors (another Manufacturer in direct compertition with them selves) on their boilers, so why not the filter...just a thought, dangerous i know:D

ok enjoy you coco dont spill any on ya nice new shirt will you(y)

Forget the professionals you seen what there like..

This is what a professional job should look like.
View attachment 84290

It's a crap install because it looks unprofessional, a pro wouldn't leave that pipework in that state, but like you said if it works who cares.

The extra year is only when fitted with a greenstar filter btw.

now thats the sort of work i would do, would take me for ever like, the end result would be A1....

puts my installers work to shame:cry:

If Jedi knows so much about this , why didn't he tell the installers they were making a pigs ear of the install before it was too late ?

If Jedi knows so much about this , why didn't he tell the installers they were making a pigs ear of the install before it was too late ?
I was`nt there when the pipes went in...by then they were installed

puts my installers work to shame

All of those combi pics in my post would have been dead easy just to whack the pipe in and having it all criss cross like that and unlevel, unfortunately the standard of work in those pictures costs more because it takes time and uses more materials, which is why a lot of installers sling it in because it's done on the cheap, get it in and get out as long as it works, where problems start to arise from that type of work is when it hasn't been flushed properly/at all (again due to time and cost) and dirt, debris, flux and sludge start playing havoc over the years all of those issues of course are not covered by any warranty as they are installation faults.

Even the boiler contract companies e.g British gas ect don't cover issues caused by flux and sludge in the system so repairs can be costly.

Even system filters aren't 100% effective at protecting the boiler, have had to de-sludge plenty of plate heat exchangers to boilers with filters fitted.

Of course it's not just the installer to blame, but market forces i.e the customer wanting to get as cheap a job as possible.

The prannet still thinks Worcester make their filter? :LOL:

Do you think they have an affiliation with the chemical manufacturers?

Do you think the chemical manufacturers have extrusion plant?

Do you think that they make their own containers?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back