Protan flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for some advice guys - last year we had a new protan (single ply) flat roof installed on a dormer loft conversion. I was up the other day sorting some guttering and i noticed that wind is getting under the last section, presumably from the ridge (which was fitted at the same time. Here's a picture:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SdXSVoM7SMx89wNM6

and video:

I assume this shouldn't be happening(!) and i'm concerned that given a good storm it will come loose and take the lot with it. I can't get hold of the roofer that did the work :rolleyes:

What remedial work should i be looking to get done? I assume the edge of the protan should be sealed against the pitched roof (under the ridge?) somehow but it would be good to get some pointers before i get some quotes.....

Sponsored Links
Is Protan EPDM? Shouldn't it be glued down and have an edge trim fixing it?

Sponsored Links
my understanding was that it uses mechanical fastenings and seam welds?

Save time, get someone else in. Shouldn't be expensive. Unless they want scaffolding ...

Save time, get someone else in. Shouldn't be expensive. Unless they want scaffolding ...

That's what i was thinking.....easy to access from the first floor flat roof. Anybody suggest a good flat roofer in the Tayside/Dundee area??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back