Radio Controlled Cars

I

imamartian

Anyone clued up on RC stuff? I want to get my kids into it.. but i don't want to buy cheap battery stuff... is nitro the way to go? how much for a typical setup?

Sponsored Links
If you really want to get your kids into this,,, Buy them the cheapo battery stuff first. At least that way, if in a few months ,your kids decide that it's not for them, you have not lost too much money.
Radio controlled cars with proper engines etc can cost a small fortune.
Why not ask your kids what they'd like to get into. Might surprise you ;) ;) ;) ;)

If you really want to get your kids into this,,, Buy them the cheapo battery stuff first. At least that way, if in a few months ,your kids decide that it's not for them, you have not lost too much money.
Why not ask your kids what they'd like to get into. Might surprise you ;) ;) ;) ;)

yeah they said Dr Who and they want a tardis, or a light sabre.....

and... if they don't play with it ...(the RC car, that is,....) i will!

Sponsored Links
I would love to do model car racing. F1 style. Unfortunately there isn't a club near me. I went to a model car show at Epson horse race track some years ago and of late,Oxford. It is a a very impressive sight. They lay out a track, like F1, using hose pipe on nice flat grass and guide these cars at amazing speeds.
The track at Epson was an oval about 20 ft long and boarded with straw bails. This was for safety and allowed the spectators to stand really close. The event was like stock car racing, very atmospheric and noisy.
What also was interesting was the pits area where they service the cars. It was just like a an F1 meeting with bits of cars every where, drivers having a stand to put the car on with all the tools around and the smell of fuel.
If I ever started I would by a few cheaper electric cars and try and get then all running the same speed. Then hold race sessions and allow others to join in. Near by there is a disused asphalt tennis court in a nice flat park that would do just fine. Need insurance and permission I guess.
Also, the clubs run these races under F1 rules if you wanted to join one.

See if you can watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYGWcjnQ294

It is a proper made track for model cars.

Anyway, I must get some more sleep now.

CHEAPO BATTERY STUFF??? SO £200 is cheap? on a built from nothing, from the ground up, 4x4 twin motor, model? Before starting to add electronic controllers, then going to petrol, and then nitro as suggested?

A 'proper' model car is built up from the finest detail, from the diff, to the external paint...for the kids!

Maybe took me 3-6 months to build a monster truck, battery powered, if kids were building it, maybe they become bored and give up, but the finished result is brilliant.

I thought you said you had no money? That life on benefits was tough?

....of course it is!.....the managers even get paid you know!!

....those clothes and videos and books dont just magically sort emselves out, price themselves up and display themselves on the shelves!!!

It's not real job. They are all volunteers - or should be.

Sponsored Links
Back