Regulars are out of order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
ok guys now that I've managed to get you all together. I'll leave you to it and go to bed.I start a new job in the morning as a ringer outer for a one armed window cleaner and don't want to be late.
No doubt lots of posts to read tomorow.

Sponsored Links
troybeau, here's an olive branch.

If it's important to you that I apologise, then so be it - I'm sorry if I insulted you without apparent justification.

However, in my defense, on a particular topic which has since been removed, you were sarcastic and rude quite early on. I remember very clearly that you took umbrage at something I wrote long before I levelled any criticism at you.

I would venture to suggest that you're tending to tar everyone with the same brush - there might appear to be a clique, but there really isn't. Many of us have shared arguments against common adversaries, and this creates generates a certain camaraderie.

On to some specific points that you raised...

troybeau said:
Has anyone else noticed or is it just me? When a thread turns into a full blown row. 9 times out of 10 that's the time softus gets involved. Before hand he has nothing to say?
No - that's not right I'm afraid. I suspect you've gone out looking for examples of negative posts from me, and ignored, or perhaps just not seen, all the others, of which there are stacks.

If you find anything I've written that's factually incorrect, then please do tell me, but you'll find it's like panning for gold.

If you think I've misjudged someone, then please take a moment to think about why I make the judgements that I do. I can tell you that it's generally for the common good, the brazen pursuit of which self-appointed cause is exactly what many people find pompous and arrogant. So be it - I make no apologies for it.

There are many topics on which I don't post; there just isn't time to read everything on the whole site. Also there are many things that don't interest me, and many more about which I know nothing - I don't post in either of these categories.

troybeau said:
Then he sucks up to the regulars and tries to belittle new comers to make himself look more knowledgeable than he is.
Suck up? I really don't think so. You'd find it rather difficult to find an example of this. On the contrary, many regulars ignore me because of run-ins that I've had with them already. Many others ignore me because they don't want to get into an argument. That said, there are those who appear to understand my sense of humour, and who are unlikely to take offense from me no matter what I write.

troybeau said:
The man is a TO**SER!
Fair play - you're entitled to your opinion, and you've been no quicker to make this judgement that I was to make mine. However, why not give yourself permission to be wrong about me?

troybeau said:
This site should be called "self obsesed.com"
Apart from those who genuinely seek help, anyone who pretends that this forum isn't just a communal ego trip is fooling themselves :rolleyes:

troybeau said:
Just imagine how many members there would be if it wasn't for these *****rs scaring them away ( site owners you need to get a grip )
The site is what it is, and the owners have a strong grip on what's going on.

I hope you stick it out on the forum; you seem to be a reasonable enough human being. It's early days for you, not that I'm an old timer, particularly, but I predict that your views of some posters, and of the forum in general, will change and evolve. As Tom Hanks' character said, in the film "Cast Away", just keep on breathing and see what life brings. Or something like that :)

I have read posts on other sections of the forum - quite frankly some of the comments made to new posters are rude, sarcastic and uncalled for.

The mods should be more proactive at removing posts (like they do in this general chat section!)

JulieL/B said:
I have read posts on other sections of the forum - quite frankly some of the comments made to new posters are rude, sarcastic and uncalled for.
Aw shucks - you spoil us with your compliments Madamme!

Softus said:
there might appear to be a clique, but there really isn't.

Err, I have to disagree...........I would say there is a definate clique here

Softus said:
troybeau, here's an olive branch.

If it's important to you that I apologise, then so be it - I'm sorry if I insulted you without apparent justification.

However, in my defense, on a particular topic which has since been removed, you were sarcastic and rude quite early on. etc, etc, etc

A very 'adult' response and a good example of why it is sometimes useful for the mods to allow a post to 'run on'. This thread could easily have turned into a heated arguement, tit-for-tat situation. Credit to your response Softus :D

I think it is important that when someone is offended that they can tell the person (without making it a personal attack). Often it is a mis-understanding, and perhaps some of the 'older' members here forget that new-comers are not yet used to their humour, sarcasm, etc I would hope that nobody on this site is here just to upset others, but if they are then I think they would soon get ousted by the 'peer group pressure'.

Anyway, intersting and important forum and a reminder to all of us that it doesn't hurt to be polite :LOL:

Wow, if I keep this up I'll be off to Glastonberry soon ;)

JulieL/B said:
I would say there is a definate clique here
I think that Dave, Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick, Titch and the rest of the pals would take issue with that :eek:

Or were you referring to Moz and his harem? :idea:

Gary_M said:
...'adult' response...
Yeah, I got my dad to write it :evil:

JulieL/B said:
Err, I have to disagree...........I would say there is a definate clique here

I suppose it is just a reflection on 'everyday' life - people with commonalities will huddle together :rolleyes: :)

Softus said:
I think that Dave, Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick, Titch and the rest of the pals would take issue with that

Just my opinion.......thats all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back