Regulations

Sponsored Links
I'm redoing the circuit for the 2 way so what is there at moment will be removed so no need as I said mate only 2 strrappers so no good for the varilight as they require a 3 core

I'm redoing the circuit for the 2 way so what is there at moment will be removed so no need as I said mate only 2 strrappers so no good for the varilight as they require a 3 core

There is a live for the downstairs light on the downstairs light circuit this on the drawing pal the junction box in the drawing is in the attic too whick is where the supply is going to come from

so are you saying this is how your lights are wired?

583b3159b65f8cbb4236827f2d830bd4

Sponsored Links
It's irelivent how it is at min the main info I need is that there is a live downstairs already and a junction box upstairs that the supply will come from for my circuit and the 2 strrappers that go upstairs I don't need when replacing with a 3 core

It's not irrelevant how it's wired currently because it sounds very much like you're going to add cables you don't need to add.

If there are only two strappers from upstairs to downstairs, you need to replace this cable with a 3-core+earth, you don't need to add a new supply, if the light already works, why do you need to supply it??

What to determin a live cable using a volt stick then turn the power off to the whole house test again to make sure it's not live then do whatever it is you want to do ? That's very low risk anyways like I said If you don't want to help go away from the thread thanks
VOLT STICKS CAN INDICATE "DEAD" WHEN THE CABLE IS LIVE

This is because they "measure" the potential difference between the person holding it and the wire being tested. If the person is standing on a dry carpet and close to a switch drop by capacitive coupling their body can be at a voltage close the Live potential and hence the voltstick will not see any difference.

Volt stick have been known to show LIVE when touched on an earthed water pipe.

Do not work alone and it might a good idea to get the person with you trained in how to deal with a person who has received a serious electric shock and in need of CPR

Because I want the landing in the upstairs light circuit because the light is actually upstairs

What to determin a live cable using a volt stick then turn the power off to the whole house test again to make sure it's not live then do whatever it is you want to do ? That's very low risk anyways like I said If you don't want to help go away from the thread thanks
VOLT STICKS CAN INDICATE "DEAD" WHEN THE CABLE IS LIVE

This is because they "measure" the potential difference between the person holding it and the wire being tested. If the person is standing on a dry carpet and close to a switch drop by capacitive coupling their body can be at a voltage close the Live potential and hence the voltstick will not see any difference.

Volt stick have been known to show LIVE when touched on an earthed water pipe.

Do not work alone and it might a good idea to get the person with you trained in how to deal with a person who has received a serious electric shock and in need of CPR

Why do they make them and why do people use them?

I had no idea what 'convo' meant either. Now I do know, surely just 'conv.' would have been/be more appropriate.
One might think so, but sticking an "o" on the end of a contracted word seems a very common feature of 'text speak', even when there is no obvious rationale - as in "defo". It almost seems that "o" is being what in IT terms would be called a 'wildcard' - for actual texting, that would logically be an asterisk (e.g. conv*), so maybe that got changed to an "o" so that it could also be spoken.

Kind Regards, John

... particularly given that I do not recall having seen a drawing which "proves I do no how it works".
<drawing in question attached>
Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. My point was that if that drawing proves that you "do no how it works", what has this 9 pages (and continuing) discussion been all about?

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back