Replace gas fire and surround

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a functional but unattractive gas fire and surround in my living room which I'd like to replace. Would anyone be able to suggest how much I should expect to pay for someone to remove the old and install the new fire, surround and hearth? (Just the cost of labour)

Also, would you recommend buying the materials locally or online? If anyone could suggest any good websites that would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Bit off string really all depends how much work needs doing , is it an inset fire has the old back/boiler or chair brick been removed , does pipe need altering to conceal the fix.

Plumbcentre do fixed price surrounds at reasonable prices and quality pick up a brochure .

Fires you will struggle to find cheaper than this place

www.fires-cookers.co.uk
fire go for full depth fire of about 280mm and stay away from what comes in diy stores about 100mm deep

Thanks for the reply and the suggested retailers - I'll try them both.

The fire that is there currently is already a modern gas fire, hearth and surround, it just doesn't suit the style of the room.

So, the gas suply / pipework etc is there, the flue is there, I believe it would be a simple remove and re-fit the new. I'm just after a guideline of how much I should expect this to cost so that I don't get ripped off.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back