Safestyle UK quality work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well a couple of weeks ago safe-style cam and fitted a new front door and side panel. Within an hour of them leaving the to panel above the door started to come away as they hadn't used nails or screws to attach it just sealant :eek:
The next dat we phoned them and someone came out and said he'd send a fitted out. The next day a fitter came out but didn't have any nails long enough so said he'd come back?
well after another week or so and numerous phone calls no-one has been back and the fitter is on maternity leave :confused:
Well this week there is supposed to be someone else comming out but we aren't convinced.
The next step is to try and get in touch with trading standards and also a governing body (NIC for electrics,but who looks after windows/doors?)

I've ttached a pic and you can see the "crack is almost the whole way across

100_0606.jpg

Sponsored Links
What crack, it's quite normal for just silicone to be used to fix things like that, but it will need supporting until the silicone has dried.

Silicone sticks like shi.... Thats if the surface is clean.

er, this crack

crack.jpg

they should have used plastic head nails or screws with caps on to hold it in place, not just sealant

The next step is to try and get in touch with trading standards and also a governing body (NIC for electrics,but who looks after windows/doors?)

Blimmin' ell mate Trading Standards? They only fitted the door a couple of weeks ago. It's just a piece of flat trim that hasn't been sealed properly it's nothing major.

I know its a ball ache when you pay good money to have work done but you gotta give them a bit more time to sort this for you.

Sponsored Links
Blimmin' ell mate Trading Standards? They only fitted the door a couple of weeks ago. It's just a piece of flat trim that hasn't been sealed properly it's nothing major.

I know its a ball ache when you pay good money to have work done but you gotta give them a bit more time to sort this for you.[/quote]

Well they've supposed to have been sorting it for the last 2 weeks and still nothing, tuesday is the next day given so that's the last chance before action is taken.
I think we've been more than patient as they can sort it in 15-30 mins - why does it take 2 weeks for them to come and do that?
Makes a mockery about their 10 year warranty

Big national firm = grab your money and run....

Seen 2 jobs done by the mentioned firm in my street and to say they were awful is being nice

robby71 you haven't paid them in full yet have you? No one pays in full until checking the work out properly. So what is the problem?

I have checked their website and have seen their TV advert in the past. Why anyone would deal with such a crude company baffles me, unless of course people like crudity.

I met some Anglian fitters the other day in my travels, real rough and ready types.

wavetrain";p="1937549 said:
robby71 you haven't paid them in full yet have you? No one pays in full until checking the work out properly. So what is the problem?
quote]

Her indoors paid the balance upon completion as everything looked great. It was an hour or so later when the sealant must have started drying that it started comming away :confused:

Well they're comming back tommorow so we'll see how it goes

At least it was "Free Fitting." I said "Free Fitting." "Trust me,,, It's FREE." ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Can I be cheeky, I run a small glazing and double glazing co, I hear the adverbs for safe style , all the 55% off and free fitting, how much did you pay for this door and sidelights. I am sure that my normal rate would be the same as theirs with their discount. If to tell me what you paid I will post here what I would charge.

Can I be cheeky, I run a small glazing and double glazing co, I hear the adverbs for safe style , all the 55% off and free fitting, how much did you pay for this door and sidelights. I am sure that my normal rate would be the same as theirs with their discount. If to tell me what you paid I will post here what I would charge.

Well they started at £1400 but came down to around £700 - door/ side panel with glazed top section

God do you use the plugless masonry fixings? We supply these, can do a price on a box of 20 boxes mate.

What would you charge for that door combi, bout £600?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back