New interior door issues

Sponsored Links
The new hinges were place 1/2” ABOVE the original rebate….
If I was fitting new, larger, hinges for heavier doors I'd use hinges with an offset hole pattern and position them over the top of the original hinge points such that the holes were not reused and the original cut was not seen

What do I know I’m a retired Paramedic but I do know that you don’t need to be a plumber to know you have a leak !
It's like that song

You've got dents but you're not a dentist..
You've been soldaturd but you're not a soldier..

as they didn’t want to use the original screw fixings in the lining.
because they are numpties. It's virtually always possible to reuse the same hinge locations unless the wood is split to hell. Even just using a longer screw is often enough to get a good fixing, otherwise wooden plugs and glue first. I hate seeing redundant old hinge pockets - it just looks sloppy.

Just a quick update…. Least I can do with all the help I received.
Spoke to the Director of the company on Friday. He was supposed to visit us but was too busy (again).
I said we can deal with it over the phone. I told him I would like a refund and after I’d received that he could send someone over to take his doors back.
He at least agreed that they weren’t right but he asked if I would let them have another go with 7 new doors.
Reluctantly I agreed, so when he’s sorted things out he’ll be back in touch. We’ll see !

Sponsored Links
Give him a date for completion, otherwise he will just be giving you the run around.

Update : All doors have now been replaced and we are happy with them.
£100 deducted from final invoice as a good will gesture for inconvenience.

Thanks for all your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back