New interior door issues

The delivered product isn't as agreed and, looking at some of the issues, those doors can't be repaired to a decent standard. I'd say under the consumer rights act you have a right to full refund. I wouldn't want them having a second go at it, they're clearly incompetent.

Sponsored Links
Well, all I can say at this point is that I really appreciate all of your opinions and the comments.
If nothing else it’s given me the confidence to stand my ground.
No matter how this sorry mess gets resolved the doors will be going to the tip and at worst I’ve learnt a £750 lesson !

Thank you

This is the first time I seen chipboard doors.
I think they're pretty common. I have these:

One big block of oak veneered chipboard, that! Not necessary a bad thing ; engineered woods don't warp or split

Sponsored Links
All the doors I have access to are not chipboard. They are 20-30 years old. I suppose, some of them warped. I imagine chipbards are heavy.

The agreed price for 7 doors with furniture supplied and fitted was £1540
The price is certainly a rip-off looking at what I’ve got ! Like I said I’ve only paid 50%
I’ve kept hold of the old doors so they’ll go back on once the new door issue ( hopefully)gets resolved.
That is too cheap.
Did they suggest to replace lining as well?
That job looks like has been done by a beaver FFS!!!
The hinges! THE HINGEEEESSSS!!!!!
Tell these cowboys to collect their doors and skip them.
If you've paid by credit card you can do a section 75 (google it).
They won't be giving you any money back, these cowboys think that their work is of good standard :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

2 hinge doors are lighter than 3 hinge ones. They are not all heavy.
I was more popping at volume housebuilders who fit those horrible "cardboard cored hardboard coated" doors that have all the solidity an luxury feel of a tin can

The thing is buying a house is a bit like buying cars, when you buy a Barratts home is like buying an entry level Fiesta (you may not think so given the price but it is (ignoring all the issues surrounding typical new-builds these days)), when you buy from a prestigious developer you're buying a Mercedes.

They won't be giving you any money back, these cowboys think that their work is of good standard :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Well, we’ll wait and see on that one ! I’m recently retired so have all the time in the world and my daughter works in a local solicitor’s ( licensed conveyancer) but has a solicitor friend who can tramp all over this.

That is too cheap.
Did they suggest to replace lining as well?
That job looks like has been done by a beaver FFS!!!
The hinges! THE HINGEEEESSSS!!!!!
Tell these cowboys to collect their doors and skip them.
If you've paid by credit card you can do a section 75 (google it).
No, they didn’t suggest any changes to the linings.
When they came to measure thay did tell me that the hinges would be altered slightly as they didn’t want to use the original screw fixings in the lining.
I could understand that. But…the new hinges were place 1/2” ABOVE the original rebate…. surely that should have been below so the hinge could ‘rest’ on the lining ?
What do I know I’m a retired Paramedic but I do know that you don’t need to be a plumber to know you have a leak !

The thing is buying a house is a bit like buying cars, when you buy a Barratts home is like buying an entry level Fiesta (you may not think so given the price but it is (ignoring all the issues surrounding typical new-builds these days)), when you buy from a prestigious developer you're buying a Mercedes.
I’ve not bought a new house. I’m simply (ha,ha) having or trying to have new doors.
Oh and for what it’s worth I drive a jaguar…..a very old and high mileage one

Attachments

• IMG_0115.jpeg
    IMG_0115.jpeg
    489.7 KB · Views: 48

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back