Secrecy

Sponsored Links
Reckon you could play it?

Played it in school in the late seventies. Stupid game.

It's a lazy mans rounders.

How can you possibly compare cricket to rounders (or American rounders: baseball!). There are so many additional skills in cricket, both bowling and batting. The rules are also much more extensive and complex, which is probably why Americans are unable to understand cricket!

I will agree that there are 'dead' periods in cricket, especially when changing ends and bowlers walking back and preparing for their run up and, admittedly, test matches can extend over several days which means traipsing back and forth to the ground each day.

Means of speeding up the game have been introduced, however, such as twenty-twenty games.

Cricket and golf.

Best cures ever invented for insomnia. :LOL:

In that respect, I don't think either begin to compare with angling!

I can fully understand, though, why you Lankies don't have as much enthusiasm for cricket as us Yorkies. :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Reckon you could play it?

Played it in school in the late seventies. Stupid game.

It's a lazy mans rounders.
Obviously one of those twonks who has poor hand eye coordination. Most poor ball sports players speak in exactly the same tone as you.
Try not to feel inadequate, there are plenty like you.
Try playing it with a not very good batter and not very good bowler, and you're fielding out towards the boundry just in case someone gets a freak hit...

Cricket's only exciting when played by good players, it doesn't translate as well to the casual mates game in the park as football, where you can be quite awful and still have a laugh.

The reason why most of the UK don't know about Dario Franchitti (Beautiful British name, as The Pub Landlord would say..) is that he never really competed in any of the premier motorsports in the UK. Got as far as F3, then off to Germany for DTM, then the US for Indycars, where as long as you can remember to not turn right for half the races you're set ;)

Obviously one of those twonks who has poor hand eye coordination.

What the f*ck's that got to do with anything??? I could be a table tennis genius who still hates cricket you flump.

You shock me sometimes.

Try playing it with a not very good batter and not very good bowler, and you're fielding out towards the boundry just in case someone gets a freak hit...

I used to teach primary school children how to play cricket (or at least try to) and your description above certainly rings bells.

What I always used to find amusing was how, when one of the more able batsmen/women (and there were a few) managed to hit the ball out towards the boundary, ALL the fielders - including the ones on the opposite side of the field - would enthusiastically charge after the ball; my explanation of 'backing up' being instantly forgotten.

Still, they enjoyed themselves and, hopefully, I have encouraged some to aim for a possible future playing for the Lancashire CCC. God knows they need them!

Obviously one of those twonks who has poor hand eye coordination.

What the f*ck's that got to do with anything??? I could be a table tennis genius who still hates cricket you flump.

You shock me sometimes.
Those that are good at ball sports appreciate the merits of all ball sports.

Poor ball sports people just mock.

Sponsored Links
Back