Sexy burglar alarm..?

Sponsored Links
Thought you had turned your nose up at the enforcer ! £400 is cheap for that ....

Sponsored Links
Enforcer, one of, if not, the most ugly KeyPad/Control systems on the market, would not even put it in my shed, don't know what Pyronix is thinking.

Did I hear that one of the 'nationals' is fitting them?

I wonder if the KeyPad ever falls out of its holder? :eek:

This is the keypad that sits in the hidden-away control panel, right?

I'm not overly concerned about that aspect... as I suspect it will hardly ever be used. The choice - for me - remains either a sexy Visonic keypad with PowerMaster 10 or no keypad at all with a Pyronix Enforcer Home Control+ with the soon-to-be-released WiFi module for app. control.

sexy-woman-with-a-gun.jpg

Enforcer, one of, if not, the most ugly KeyPad/Control systems on the market, would not even put it in my shed, don't know what Pyronix is thinking.

Did I hear that one of the 'nationals' is fitting them?

I wonder if the KeyPad ever falls out of its holder? :eek:

What holder ?

To throw a spanner in the works, you could go with texecom, and any of their keypads hidden by your panel. Hook it up to a vera edge via either serial adaptor or one of their Ethernet adaptors and use an android phone/tablet wall mounted as your main keypad. That will give you proximity sensing to light up as you approach and could even do voice prompts, but still an issue with needing to clean the screen.

On you other point, if you are looking at 3 thermostats at which point the nest becomes very expensive, have a look at the heatmiser neo. I think nicer looks, does everything other than motion sensing (which is no use if you don't have stats where you walk past regularly) but does need to be programmed manually, via their app. Plus if you go the route of the vera as controller for the texecom, you can get the heating to turn off when you arm the texecom if leaving the house.

Plus you then can either use the Texecom app for alarm control / deactivating as well or use one of the vera edge apps.

While I have a Vera Edge at home, this is a refurbishment property... that kind of stuff can't be in there.

1 x Nest thermostat and 3 x Nest Protects = yes, expensive... but less than knocking a wall down (which had also been done) and less than installing a new burglar alarm.

So you want a sexy keypad for a place you aren't even going to live in?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back