Sheds with Beds.

Sponsored Links
JJs ideas are good but the reality is that the government know all about the underclass of illegals. If you get rid of them then the hotels and restaurants of London would have to pay minimum wage - and the price of staying in London would rise even higher and put tourists off. They won't change anything in a hurry.

They do, min wage and hire illegals ...........

allowing councils immediate access without warning

If the council turned up on my doorstep demanding immediate access with no warning to my property, just because I have a shed/spare room.

Well then, I would gladly let them in and then introduce them to Mr 9 iron.

If boarder control did, and if your a council tenant they can anyway.
And they have a 9 wood, beats a 9 iron anyday.

Shows what you know about immigration and social housing.

[/quote]

Which border control/police are equally capable of, but unlike the BBC they actually need to assemble real evidence to be able to do anything, which would take a large amount of resources to do, just to deal with individual cases.

Whereas the BBC can just do a flyover and say "look at all those sheds with beds, why they must be full of illegal immigrants".[/quote]

I bought a new guard dog yesterday.

It's useless, it lets anybody in.

****ing UK border collie.

Sponsored Links
allowing councils immediate access without warning

If the council turned up on my doorstep demanding immediate access with no warning to my property, just because I have a shed/spare room.

Well then, I would gladly let them in and then introduce them to Mr 9 iron.

You mean you'd break the law ??

Uh-hu.

If officials want to start raiding private properties with no notice and no warrant, then the law is no longer fit.

You lot don't seem to be able to see the potential unintended consequences of giving officials unrestricted access to your private property.

I suppose you think the government is on your side, ha ha ha.

Shows what you know about immigration and social housing.

What has social housing got to do with this, these are not council houses.

I think "Raiding is rather a strong description.

If a council official called and asked to check if there were any illegals in your shed or outbuilding, where would be the harm in allowing them access if you have nothing to hide ?

As for the 9 iron solution, your average illegal hasn't got a set of golf clubs hanging around.

Would you mind awfully if they used a putter?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It's not really an argument Aaron...
If you really do have nothing to hide (in your shed for example) then what do you have to fear? Please explain.

Would you like the border control officials to have, your proposed powers in the "better areas” too? Or would it be based on class system?

SALL you've taken that completely out of context, it was an aside during the thread.

If you read back, you will find that I didn't propose these powers, it was someone else.

It's not really an argument Aaron...
If you really do have nothing to hide (in your shed for example) then what do you have to fear? Please explain.

Invasion of privacy, maybe?

Let’s say for argument's sake, you like a bit of cross dressing on the weekend and your gear is stored in your shed :p Not that I’m saying there is anything wrong with it :p
Would you be happy for a council official to go through it and then maybe post a picture on the internet for a laugh?

But on a serious note, we have politicians lying, claiming expenses dishonestly and getting arrested for dishonesty etc. Do you really want to give that much control away, for any "official" to willy nilly come and inspect your property?
Where would you say the line for this "why you afraid, if you have nothing to hide" concept be?

If police wants to raid a house, they can do it by getting a warrant. What's so bad about the current law?

Would you like the border control officials to have, your proposed powers in the "better areas” too? Or would it be based on class system?

SALL you've taken that completely out of context, it was an aside during the thread.

If you read back, you will find that I didn't propose these powers, it was someone else.

Ok sorry, I might have red someone else's comment in the quote and thought it was yours.

I could write a lengthy post, or point you to many many articles debunking this popular defence of many many freedom encroaching laws and governmental activities.

But I would rather just call you a muppet.

Oh ok, fine, I will give you one example.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/...58902/Evil-destruction-of-a-happy-family.html

The dogs, released from their kennels, also rampaged through the house. When Mr Smith and his wife, who was three months pregnant, volubly protested at what was happening, they were forcibly arrested in front of their screaming five-year-old daughter “Jenny” and taken away. Two hours later, with the house in a shambles – the dogs having strewn the rabbit entrails meant for their dinner across the floor – social workers arrived to remove the crying child.

Probably exaggerated, but this is what people in "the system" do.

And you want to freely let these people into your home, "nothing to hide, nothing to fear" :mrgreen:

And this happens every time? In every situation? Every time someone "in the system" knocks at your door to ask to inspect something?
Maybe you should move to a better area.

I'm sure that if we trawl the net we will find examples of bad things happening for no apparent reason to use in a debate.

Ok, so what's the propensity for this type of incident? You seem tio be "in the know" on such things?
Of all of the call outs made by "people in the system" how many descend in to heathen chaos and how many actually go along the lines of "I'd like to inspect your shed there... oh that's fine, gardening equipment - check, Illegal immigrants, no don't see any"

And thanks for the compliment, I happen to like the Muppets very much. Animal is my idol.

When i started truck driveing back in the 80s, it was common knowledge that the MOT could walk into your premises at anytime as long as they were accompanied by the police, on the other hand HM Customs could walk in anytime and did not require police in attendance.

I think if our Customs & Immigration have evidence, then they act swiftly.

Sponsored Links
Back