Sheds with Beds.

And this happens every time? In every situation?

Only needs to happen the once.

If you are quite happy to give the authorities free access to your private property, well, good for you.

Remember that most immigrants stay in sublet rooms, so if the law is changed to allow it for sheds (they are part of the property), ALL the same arguments will apply to your private house.

Got more than one bedroom, better have the police in then!

Got nothing to hide, so what's your problem?

Sponsored Links
But that's the thing Aron, I don't have any problem with the authorities accessing my property. Maybe if one of the ghastly Telegraph led things was to happen then maybe I would have a different view.
But having had my current property visited by the Drug Squad a week after moving in as the previous owners had links to drugs and the DS had missed their "move" (read moonlight flit) they didn't realise that new people were there.
But, it may shock you, they didn't barge their way in and terrorise me, my wife nor my son, they politely asked me for ID (as a cop stopping you in your car can do) and once I had proved I was who I claimed they asked, very politely too I might add, to have a look in the attics and the out buildings, which I let them do.
A nicer bunch or guys and girls I could not hope to meet, one of the WPC's even offered to make the coffee.

So, no Aron, I have no issue with the law knowing that I have no broken laws to hide.

I don't have any problem with the authorities accessing my property.

Then you are under current law quite able to allow them access.

I would rather not, and a good number of law abiding people would not either.

So just because you are OK with letting them in, doesn't mean I should have to let them in.

My freedoms to my property and privacy are not yours to give away.

Sponsored Links
Has the taxman looked into the income these sheds are generating for their owners? I doubt it.
What about the council tax people? Doubt that as well.
What about the fire safety authorities? I doubt that too.
If they haven't, why haven't they?

If police wants to raid a house, they can do it by getting a warrant. What's so bad about the current law?

Nowt wrong with the current law as regards police raids, but re-read the posts Sall. You'll see that the council (unlike the police) have to give the home/ property owner 24hrs notice of an intended visit. Spot the difference??
Can't see the police having to give 24hrs notice that they want to raid someone for suspected drug or criminal offences now. Would rather defeat the object. ;) ;)

Has the taxman looked into the income these sheds are generating for their owners? I doubt it.

They'll wave the race card and somebody will get sacked. :confused:

They'll wave the race card and somebody will get sacked. :confused:

Thats the liberal do gooders for you.

Wait until Mr "I have a visa and lots of friends" moves next door to them.

Sponsored Links
Back