Should news presenters appear on TV wearing the hijab?

As above

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am totally for free speech, but with it also comes responsibility. If someone is provocative with their free speech, then anyone else is entitled to voice their concerns as the same rule applies to them. If it happens that people slam down a point of view, it doesn't take away freedom of speech, it just means that a people disagree.
Interesting comments from you, especially when you resort to attempts at insult, and invented arguments to insinuate that someone who disagrees with your view must therefore support terrorism. :rolleyes:

With free speech comes responsibility, that includes defending groups, religions, races, sexual preferences, cultural practices against the masses of those who exploit global phenomenon to criticise an identifiable group with whom they have problems.

Sponsored Links
I am totally for free speech, but with it also comes responsibility. If someone is provocative with their free speech, then anyone else is entitled to voice their concerns as the same rule applies to them. If it happens that people slam down a point of view, it doesn't take away freedom of speech, it just means that a people disagree.
Interesting comments from you, especially when you resort to attempts at insult, and invented arguments to insinuate that someone who disagrees with your view must therefore support terrorism. :rolleyes:
Oh go away little man. Terrorism? Making up arguments? That's you making up stuff again - you have such an imagination, little man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would a towel-head country allow a news presenter to wear a cross? Or a Sikh turban? Or even a woman presenter?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The point is that I do not think it should be confined at all.

There seems to be one belief system in this country that must not be criticised.

Oh go away little man. Terrorism? Making up arguments? That's you making up stuff again - you have such an imagination, little man.
Forgotten this already?
Really IS irrelevant the above post.. The whole reason why you quoted two works of fiction was to back up your claim that child marriages in the modern day is ok because other countries did it many years ago.
Pure invention and misrepresentation on your part.

You're like one of those people who said it was racist to call a blackboard a blackboard.
Another of your pure inventions.
It appears that some have little minds, smaller memories and negligible debating skills.

Given the current climate I would question the motive behind wanting to wear one to present the news given what it symbolises to a lot of people.

I don't have any prejudice myself but I see the prejudice it stokes in others, and the fact they make news about things like this makes me think whether there is an undercurrent of sh1t stirrers who simply cannot leave the subject alone. As if they know the misery and problems that come from forcing these types of issues but do it anyway to cause more and more racial tension. These are the people that should be reported on IMO.

I guess the reason for wanting to wear one is similar to UK/ USA Military Chiefs Proudly wearing full military uniform when being interviewed on the News Channels about how and why they have bombed the S**te out of these Countries and killed thousands of innocent people

It appears that some have little minds, smaller memories and negligible debating skills.
The cap fits you so well Himmy.

It does if it has "pretentious c*nt" written in large letters.

All the nobhead wants to talk about is his perceived intolerance of people towards islam, THE most intolerant religion of them all. The man's a fookin idiot.

Given the current climate I would question the motive behind wanting to wear one to present the news given what it symbolises to a lot of people.

I don't have any prejudice myself but I see the prejudice it stokes in others, and the fact they make news about things like this makes me think whether there is an undercurrent of sh1t stirrers who simply cannot leave the subject alone. As if they know the misery and problems that come from forcing these types of issues but do it anyway to cause more and more racial tension. These are the people that should be reported on IMO.

I guess the reason for wanting to wear one is similar to UK/ USA Military Chiefs Proudly wearing full military uniform when being interviewed on the News Channels about how and why they have bombed the S**te out of these Countries and killed thousands of innocent people

True. It's the image conveyed.

There are plenty of other female presenters currently on TV that may or may not hold strong religious beliefs, but if they don’t parade it, I’m not bothered.
As EFLI remarks, perhaps you also take offence at the vicar's dog-collar, the Archbishops robes, the Nun's habit, etc.
No doubt you object to the Sally Army collecting in Pubs at Christmas? Or the choir boys on TV?

Instead of just reporting the news, this is now creating the news.

As far as I am concerned, I have no problem with any member of any religion presenting any mainstream television program providing they don’t flaunt their religion.......
I don’t mind what they believe provided they don’t want me to believe the same.
There are plenty of other female presenters currently on TV that may or may not hold strong religious beliefs, but if they don’t parade it, I’m not bothered.

There seems to be one belief system in this country that must not be criticised.
There's nothing quite like nailing your colours to the mast, eh?

Would a towel-head country allow a news presenter to wear a cross? Or a Sikh turban? Or even a woman presenter?

This is not a Country that is dictated to,

People can wear what they like here, one of the benefits of living in this Country, the majority of people living here gladly accept that situation,
of course there will always be a minority that disagree with that

Anyone remember this lady presenting a tv art show?

upload_2016-7-21_17-49-24.jpeg

or more recently this chap on Q.I. and Have I Got News For You?

images

Remember the uproar from ****s like McKenzie?

I remember plenty of incidents of ordinary people being told they can't wear a cross into work for fear of upsetting our bacon loving friends.
So why should she be allowed to wear a hijab on the national news in a supposedly Christian country. What's the difference?

Sponsored Links
Back