Shuko plug top converter.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought a Decathlon treadmill. It has a shuko plug on it, and a converter plug to enable its connection to a UK outlet.

I would like to ensure correct polarity: on the back of the shuko plug, the phase pins have "N" & "S" adjacent to them. Is it a safe bet to say the "N" is neutral?

What does "S" stand for?

Cheers, guys!

Sponsored Links
no idea, BUT where does it say on the box it was made?

I also doubt its English, so the N will not be neutral, maybe its NO TOUCH (live) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
As schukos can be inserted into a schuko socket either way up surely polarity does not matter. :?:

I'm keen to have the appliance switches / internal fuse in the live, not the neutral...

AFAIK most treadmills don't actually require plugging in. They seem to allow your clothes to hang there with no electric. ;)

RF Lighting said:
AFAIK most treadmills don't actually require plugging in. They seem to allow your clothes to hang there with no electric. ;)
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: you fat bast**d!

why not removed the offending plugtop and fit a UK BS1363 plugtop instead. That could invalidate the warranty i suppose.

Yeah.

It's made in Taiwan, but for European markets - they all have shuko plugs & "220V" stickers on them.

Damn, what i was thinking of did not work :oops:

it must be a Tiwanese plug wriiten in their language

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back