site admin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good to see you advising people not to play with a boiler if your not compitant but if its an oil boiler its an oftec guy they should contact not a corgi guy. ;)

I have had people ask me if im corgi reg befor i work on their oil boiler and inform them its Oftec i need to be. (lucky im both) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I have been asked if I am corgi'd before I have fitted a bog before

:)

You should have asked them if they wanted you to connect it up to the gas pipe.

gasandoilman said:
I have had people ask me if im corgi reg befor i work on their oil boiler and inform them its Oftec i need to be. (lucky im both) :LOL:
Why does someone who works on an oil boiler need to be registered with OFTEC?

Sponsored Links
There is no need to be registered with oftec, however it simplifys notification.

Gasman1015 said:
There is no need to be registered with oftec, however it simplifys notification.
gasandoilman said:
...if its an oil boiler its an oftec guy they should contact not a corgi guy.

I have had people ask me if im corgi reg befor i work on their oil boiler and inform them its Oftec i need to be.
Hence my question, which I'll now modify:

Why does gasandoilman believe that someone who works on an oil boiler needs to be registered with OFTEC?

Gasman1015 said:

I am also regulary being asked if i'm corgi regd when quoting for an oil install and when I tell them that I am but that corgi is nothing to do with oil and that i'm oftec regd I get disbelieving and blank looks. Saying that,oftec is starting to do a good impersonation of corgi lately. :evil:

sooey said:
You should have asked them if they wanted you to connect it up to the gas pipe.

that would certainly sort out any constipation

;)

I don't see how OFTEC has a chance of impersonating CORGI without a license from the HSE to maintain a register of suitably accredited engineers.

chr15 said:
Only a matter of time..............IMO.
But you said that it has started.

When did it start, and what does the impersonation comprise?

Ah, so you believe that OFTEC is impersonating CORGI as it was before 1991, when the license was issued, a period during which CORGI registration was voluntary?

It was a question - my attempt to make sense of something that didn't make sense.

If you don't tell me in what way OFTEC is impersonating CORGI, then I suppose I'll never know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back