site admin

You could always get Oftec and Corgi registered and then you would know,but if you can manage without them,which you probably do, then stay that way,I know I would if I thought I could.

Sponsored Links
Ah, I hadn't realised that they're secret societies. ;)

Softus said:
Ah, I hadn't realised that they're secret societies. ;)

you should see our aprons soft

and dont get me started on the initiation wotsit

:LOL:

corgiman said:
and dont get me started on the initiation wotsit
Is it like this?

42006223152344SA.jpg

Sponsored Links
My understanding is that when we fit an oil boiler it is a notifiable event to Building Control.

If we want to self certify the installation we have to use an accredited body eg: OFTEC. OFTEC then check that our installer has the relevant OFTEC tickets - which now have to be renewed every 5 yrs......

If we are not OFTEC registered we cannot self certify and the householder may have to pay an ignoramus at building control to inspect it.

That is why I pay OFTEC.

One of my OFTEC qualified guys is just about to disappear for 4 weeks out of the next 12 and cost us £9K in 5yr Corgi reassessments (he has nearly every Corgi ticket obtainable). We now find out that his OFTEC is also coming up!

How are you meant to find time and money for all this! Are you saying we don't need to have OFTEC?

As you have said, being registered with OFTEC makes notifying simple, however you can also notify through NAPIT if you are registered with them, would have thought that CORGI would have jumped on the bandwagon by now. I just notify building control, £58.75, they never bother to inspect.

9K for reassessment, your having a larf.

It is 9K. If you have nearly all the domestic/industrial/LPG modules eg: industrial plant(?) that is what it is.

When we rung round all the centres the most common comments were;
-we don't have an assessor for half these
-is this bloke an assessor? Do we know him?
-Nobody could have all these modules

We couldn't find any centre in the South East who could do all the modules on my chap's ticket.

Which begs the question, are there too many different modules in order to carry out gas work? Normally a reassessment costs around £1.5-2.5K depending on whether our chaps are industrial or just domestic qualified.

are there too many different modules in order to carry out gas work?
Has to be a "yes".
Take Water Heaters on Domestic, or Tube Heaters on Industrial. If there were a page or two in the relevant Corgi core manual, and you had the Mfrs Instructions, you would have them covered.

And I can assure you that her wotsits are still firm.

Softus said:
And I can assure you that her wotsits are still firm.

I thought to myself "phooooor look at the wotsits on THAT!"

you dont get many of them to the pound, I mean it! have you seen the bags, half bleedin empty

;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back