smacking kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
jbonding said:
joe i cant believe for one minute there wasnt any head cases in your school. was there a cock of the school? how did everyone know who the cock was? no one smashed a window? wagged it? went apple scrumping :LOL: ,stole a bike? got pregnant? we had the strap in school and believe me there were kids who buzzed of it. I got the slipper off my mum when i was a kid and beleive me you were happy she had her slippers on and not her roller skates :LOL: Kids who get a crack get used to it and when that happens what punishment is left. I remember being grounded more than the slipper, and you would guarantee the sun would shine and everyone would be out :cry: :cry:

We did all the stuff like scrumping and fighting and all that stuff - but that's as far as it went. There was no malice behind society as there is today. We were basically good kids. I've never been in trouble with the police to this day.

Oh and it was an all boys school so pregnancy wasn't a problem.

joe

Boys school,caning ,no pregancies :LOL: :LOL: no need to tell us anymore ;)

johnny_t said:
Same with your smacking.

And I asked first.

They get sent ot a Borstal. A tough house of correction. If they continue to be yobs - they go back again. Now you answer.

joe

splinter said:
joe-90 said:
jbonding said:
joe i cant believe for one minute there wasnt any head cases in your school. was there a cock of the school? how did everyone know who the cock was? no one smashed a window? wagged it? went apple scrumping :LOL: ,stole a bike? got pregnant? we had the strap in school and believe me there were kids who buzzed of it. I got the slipper off my mum when i was a kid and beleive me you were happy she had her slippers on and not her roller skates :LOL: Kids who get a crack get used to it and when that happens what punishment is left. I remember being grounded more than the slipper, and you would guarantee the sun would shine and everyone would be out :cry: :cry:

We did all the stuff like scrumping and fighting and all that stuff - but that's as far as it went. There was no malice behind society as there is today. We were basically good kids. I've never been in trouble with the police to this day.

Oh and it was an all boys school so pregnancy wasn't a problem.

joe

Boys school,caning ,no pregancies :LOL: :LOL: no need to tell us anymore ;)

We all joined the Navy. Now go tell a sailor what you think.

joe

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't want to go to borstal...especially if had to do gardening in a greenhouse :eek:

noodlz said:
Wouldn't want to go to borstal...especially if had to do gardening in a greenhouse :eek:

Bit tough for your type but you'd survive.

joe

joe-90 said:
johnny_t said:
Same with your smacking.

And I asked first.

They get sent ot a Borstal. A tough house of correction. If they continue to be yobs - they go back again. Now you answer.

joe

Oh, I was going to send them on Safari to Kenya at the taxpayer's expense. ;)

No, seriously, I've got no problem with something like a borstal, but only if absolutely all other avenues are exhausted.

Now, a final question, if I may. Lets work from the standpoint that all parents have to play their part in making sure their children aren't 'yobs' - Do you imagine that more yobs are the offspring of bookish liberals, or of parents who constantly shout at and smack their kids ?

I'm off for the weekend now, so I'll have to wait 'til Monday for your answer...

But Johnny-boy - it's the yob kids from yob parents that are the problem to all of us - but we still have to deal with them. Single girls getting up the duff to get Council Housing. Four kids and four different fathers. What is SOCIETY going to do with them. Your kids grew up fine as did mine - but what is society going to do with its dregs?

joe

splinter said:
joe-90 said:
noodlz said:

Bit tough for your type but you'd survive.

joe

Just out of interest how did you deal with you're children

I smacked my son on I think it was four occasions for doing something silly and dangerous and my daughter just once for lashing out and hitting a woman on the breast. It was the last resort. The line they should not cross.

joe

:LOL: @ Markie

Hey, Joesephine, what's my type exactly? Now, be nice :D

Time to trust my intuition...

joe-90 said:
In the school of 1000 kids I went to there were NO problem children. Not one.
You've written this so many times that it just has to be a lie. Which school did you attend, and during which years?

joe-90 said:
How do you educate a yob? He'll just tell you to fook-off.
I wouldn't expect you to understand how to educate anyone. However, it is indeed possible - I have a friend who works with the police in rehabilitating male young offenders. They have a lot of success - not with every one of them, but more than half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back