Smart meter ?

Channel 4 documentary next Wednesday night about smart meters, doubt it will be favourable .

Only bad news, makes for good documentary programs. Who would be interested in watching, thousands of people reporting all is well with their smart meters?

Sponsored Links
Only bad news, makes for good documentary programs. Who would be interested in watching, thousands of people reporting all is well with their smart meters?
The programme researchers will have scoured the country looking for people who have had smart meter problems and will then try to give the impression that these people are in the majority rather than the minority.

Quite so. As I always remind people, the 6 o'clock news would be very boring (and very long) if, every day, they reported about all the planes that had not crashed, all the people who had not been murdered and all the disasters that had not happened etc. etc. :)

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Quite so. As I always remind people, the 6 o'clock news would be very boring (and very long) if, every day, they reported about all the planes that had not crashed, all the people who had not been murdered and all the disasters that had not happened etc. etc. :)

Kind Regards, John

Channel 5 is less lefty but more sensationalist.

Honestly there are far bigger political issues than smart meters. If there was a great controlling mafia then smart meters wouldn't be their tool of choice. Your every move on your phone is watched, "they" don't need to look at whether you have the heating on. This is what state surveillance actually looks like...

Those with tinfoil hats are paying a lot more for their power as a result of whatever weird nonsense the anti-meter brigade says.

I've just done a calculation, to find out what I would have been paying on the Variable tariff, versus what I will be paying on my new Tracker tariff. Keep in mind, I have also been fairly generous with heating, since joining the Octopus Tracker tariff.....

£72 saved, on gas and electric, between January 4th and 26th. My bill would have been £125.60, instead it will cost £125.60 - £72 = £53.60

Not a guarantee that you would be put on exactly the same Tracker tariff, but use this link and we will both get £50 extra off our bills, plus a substantial saving on the Price Cap price, and without making any changes, to the way you use energy at all.

https://share.octopus.energy/jade-light-417

None of which will happen if you just pay your blooming bills.

I'm amazed to hear that cost-cutting privatised utilities never make mistakes and never break rules.

When did that astounding change happen?

Why wasn't it front page news?

You'll be telling me next that they have the customer's interests at heart.

That was yesterday, not quite so beneficial today - Today I'm paying 15.63p and 3.86p, versus the SVT of 27.79p and 7.35p
You don't have to have a smart meter to get lower prices, we are on 33% discount of SVT, I think until march 2025 as some sort of loyalty deal after shifting elec to BG during phone negotiation.

I had at last smart meter fitted yesterday, so today phoned up to get pay in tariff set up, first thing they asked was for a picture of the install, I thought whole idea was I didn't need to go outside and down a set is slippery steps to read meter any more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back