Sockets in Shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
SORRY if this is posted three times... I have been having internet problems, causing eveything to be triplicated.

I want to have up to three 2-gang sockets in my shed, mainly to run a fountain pump, outdoor lights (few hours per day), plus occasional use of lawn mower, hedge trimmer. I want to do this as easily but as safely and efficiently as possible.
The shed is a brick extension to the house, and it should be possible to run cables under the floorboards (house is elevated) and out into the shed without them going outside (this had been done previously, but stripped away).
Would it be appropriate for me to have these sockets added by extending my downstairs ring circuit, using 2.5sqmm TCE cabling? Would there be any problem (e.g. voltage drop) due to long length of wire between sockets - at worst, the cluster of sockets would be 6-8m from the neighbouring sockets on the ring (back in the kitchen), and can this be got round? Extending the ring sounds a better option than adding a 13A fused spur and sub-circuit, but please advise.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back