Suprima Saga

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would appreciate Info on Suprima 80 Problem. Boiler has been running is short cycles. Running for 90 seconds, stopping and immediately returning to to starting cycle, igniting and running for about 90 seconds and so on. The result is that it was taking a very long time to gain heat. Icould hear the Air Pressure Switch activating prior to the boiler returning to stand- by I changed the switch. This had the effect of making the boiler run for longer and gaining more heat but still in short bursts possibly because the new switch had a stronger diaphragm. I have changed the Heat stat and thermistor and switched the PCB with a good one. It made no difference. Can anybody help please. Also I am interested in the function of the red hose on the air pressure switch. Why is it positioned where it is ? What does it do. Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You dont say but I will assume that you are CORGI registered for the moment and its a job you are doing for someone else.

My immediate reaction is that you do not seem to have measured the temperature differential across the boiler. If this is too high it may just be going off on overheat? Should be 10-15 ° C.

I have also experienced a rather odd situation with that model where the positioning of the electrode relative to the burner was very critical. This was not the height of about 6 mm but the longitudinal position although all the jets seemed clear and burning.

Tony

Hi Tony

Not a Corgi Member as I'm in the Republic Of Ireland but am Bord Gais Registered (Irish Gas board). Thanks for coming back. temp. differential is ok at 13C. I'm interested in you theory about the electrodes maybe you could expand on that.

I am convinced that the problem lies in the vacuum to the air pressure switch. I can hear it click in prior to the gas shutting off. Maybe a dodgy fan causing a drop in vacuum? Thats why I'm interested in the function of the red hose. I have to admit that I don't fully understand its function. I appreciate your reply.

Brendan

If you have a digi manometer put it where the aps goes to see what you get.
Aps has only 2 connections so it's easy to test the theory...

Sponsored Links
Thanks ChrisR

Have been able to replicate the symptons by removing the clear vacuum tube from the APS. I'm almost positive the vacuum drop is the problem but dont know why. The fan appears to be running OK

Brendan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back