Tents ⛺️

It’s none of those.

The political system in this country is too weak and the media too powerful.

Political policy is driven by lobbyists

it’s true for Conservative and Labour

have a look at the major backers for Labour: John Armitage, Dale Vince, Lors Sainsbury, Trevor Chinn, Martin Taylor etc

In any case FPTP means Labour can only win power by attracting swing voters, which means little change because voters are gaslighted by a right wing media.
And yet people will vote in the next election hoping things will change.
Beggars belief.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
And yet people will vote in the next election hoping things will change.
Beggars belief.

This country needs a fairer distribution of wealth, but the wealthy control the government and the media….so Labour can’t win power unless they don’t rock the boat.

Lots of people voted for Brexit because theybare so desperate for change and it was the first chance to make a stand. Sadly Brexit just transferred more power to the wealthy making wealth distribution worse than ever.

This country needs a fairer distribution of wealth, but the wealthy control the government and the media….so Labour can’t win power unless they don’t rock the boat.

Lots of people voted for Brexit because theybare so desperate for change and it was the first chance to make a stand. Sadly Brexit just transferred more power to the wealthy making wealth distribution worse than ever.

Alot of people voted brexit who probably did not know we were in the EU :giggle:

Where do the workers come from in a fair distribution of wealth.
Is not this what's happening since covid that people can get by on lesser money working from home and if not working from home a four day week.
Labour would have everyone on £400 a week regardless of skill/talent if they thought they could get away with it.

Sponsored Links
Probably the best (or least worse)Tory government we had recently was with the LibDems.
I've said for years the best government the UK has had in my lifetime was the Con/Lib one from 2010. A real pity that they couldn't or didn't work together better cause I believe they showed real promise.
I was born in the early fifties so I've seen a few governments come and go. In my opinion the most damaging government in my lifetime (almost a toss up between Blair/Brown or a squidly Wilson) was Blair's. Apart from the problems caused by Bojo's selfish acts he did some good during the CV19 period. I Guess I'd rank him in 3rd place.
From I what saw and heard the Brexit voters fell into one of three camps - the old duffers who thought the EU was holding us back and importing (taking) to the EU all the UK benefit and pension money; those hated the thought that the EU parliament and Council Members where getting access to goods, services and travel at preferential rates (Discounts) and those who thought by voting against the UK government guidance they were voting to oust the then government.
Alot of people voted brexit who probably did not know we were in the EU :giggle:
That is probably true and didn't realise what they were voting for.

Last edited:
But that is what you voted for...

Brexit!

I've said for years the best government the UK has had in my lifetime was the Con/Lib one from 2010. A real pity that they couldn't or didn't work together better cause I believe they showed real promise.
I was born in the early fifties so I've seen a few governments come and go. In my opinion the most damaging government in my lifetime (almost a toss up between Blair/Brown or a squidly Wilson) was Blair's. Apart from the problems caused by Bojo's selfish acts he did some good during the CV19 period. I Guess I'd rank him in 3rd place.
Got to disagree.

Truss and Bojo were without any doubt the worst governments in my lifetime. They have changed the attitude of so many people (for the worse) let alone what they did politically and financially to the country . I've never known the country so divided and I'm not that many years behind you in age.

Brown was always onto a loss but Blair turned the country around and did far more good for the majority than any government since, and better than most previously.

It's going to be a few years before we get back to where we were, let alone improve.

Where do the workers come from in a fair distribution of wealth.
Is not this what's happening since covid that people can get by on lesser money working from home and if not working from home a four day week.
Labour would have everyone on £400 a week regardless of skill/talent if they thought they could get away with it.
A fairer distribution of wealth doesn't mean everybody has the same amount of wealth.

It just means the divide isn't so big.

Where does this belief come from that Labour would have everybody earning the same, or limited to £xyz.

For somebody who doesn't vote and says all political parties are the same, you do seem more pro tory and anti Labour than you try to portray

Is not this what's happening since covid that people can get by on lesser money working from home and if not working from home a four day week
You fall for every Daily Mail trope in the book

hilarious seeing R/W journos writing about the lazy workers all sitting at home, whilst said journos are sitting at home

You fall for every Daily Mail trope in the book

hilarious seeing R/W journos writing about the lazy workers all sitting at home, whilst said journos are sitting at home
Don't talk so stupid, the amount of self employed people in the heating game only doing two or three days a week cos they're earning good coin is just one example, another is private pensions in the public sector enabling people being able to retire early.
Then you've got to factor in the tax grab with the raising of tax thresholds making working anymore than you need to open to question.
The world of work has changed from the days of 60 hours a week. It's not workers are lazy they're more savvy these days and taxing them to death to work is not a solution.

Don't talk so stupid, the amount of self employed people in the heating game only doing two or three days a week cos they're earning good coin is just one example, another is private pensions in the public sector enabling people being able to retire early.
Then you've got to factor in the tax grab with the raising of tax thresholds making working anymore than you need to open to question.
The world of work has changed from the days of 60 hours a week. It's not workers are lazy they're more savvy these days and taxing them to death to work is not a solution.
And what about all those people working full time (and overtime) and still only existing not living. Needing benefits on top of wages just to survive.

There's more (lots more) in that category than those only working 2 or 3 days a week and getting fat on their wealth without working.

Most people know that the more tax they pay, the more they are earning.

All went down hill in the seventies (?) imo

One time Of day tbere was such a thing as

Perks

Some people put up with low wages because you got perks people helped one another out
You worked at Layland or ford you helped one another out with yer perks
And got to build a new car in yer back yard in yer spare time

Gas board used to install free heating for there workers ;)

Than the pencil pushers got involved and re defined Perks as Theft

Yes exactly

A holes

Has always been so (?)

And always will be

It just becomes a question of to what extent ?
Interesting prog and on radio yesterday
A little known (?) Irish American billionaire recently passed away who gave away best part of his fortune for years

Over 8 billion plus to good causes during his life time including numerous universities in Ireland
North and south
He was called Chuck Feeny.
Gave 15 million quid to a university in Belfast to build new facilities.
He didn't even want a plague on a wall with his name on it.
Didn't own a car and wore a cheap watch.
Genuine article IMHO.

Sponsored Links
Back