The crumbustion chamber?

joe it not rocket science but it still far beyond you thicko :LOL:
as if it was not you would do short course get the quals and save your self money long term but as said your too thick to be gas engineer

See what I mean? You are very nearly illiterate. :rolleyes:
yes and proud of it
dislexyia helps me good fault finder due to good memory

Sponsored Links
Have a missed something here? Has the law changed recently and the law now doesn't apply if your in your own home? Strange one that not heard about this yet!

There's no recent change. There is simply no legislation which says that a person may not carry out work on gas systems in his own home.

The law is quite clear and you need to be compitent in gas work to work on gas in your own home. If you end up killing someone or damaging property etc you will be prosicuted.

Plus why take the risk?

You can't even spell 'competent' or 'prosecuted'. Typical illiterate gas fitter. :rolleyes:

The law is quite clear and you need to be compitent in gas work to work on gas in your own home.
Isn't that the point? The only statutory provision is that you are competent. It doesn't impose any specific requirement about having this qualification or that qualification to be considered competent.

So as I said, there is no legislation which says you can't do the work in your own home. The only condition is that you are competent.

Sponsored Links
The law is quite clear and you need to be compitent in gas work to work on gas in your own home.
Isn't that the point? The only statutory provision is that you are competent. It doesn't impose any specific requirement about having this qualification or that qualification to be considered competent.

So as I said, there is no legislation which says you can't do the work in your own home. The only condition is that you are competent.

Wrong. The legislation says you need to be competent. However, the only proof of competency is the passing of the ACS examination. So if you haven't passed those then your aren't competent, Simples!

Wrong. The legislation says you need to be competent. However, the only proof of competency is the passing of the ACS examination. So if you haven't passed those then your aren't competent, Simples!

So no gas fitter ever makes a mistake then? I mean, how could he? He's proven competent. :confused:

Hi, I understand what you are saying but as far as I am led to believe in court if an unregistered / DIY installer causes an unsafe situatuation then they would ned to prove they were competent to carry out the work. As far as i am aware the only way to can prove competance is via the ACS route.

How could you be competend without the required training?

At the end of the day it doesn't effect me as I can sleep at night knowing every installation I do is safe and am not worred about a knock on the door from the HSE.

Each to their own.

In that case you will be able to quote the legislation which says it's an offense to do the work without having passed that examination.

Great! Someone that can never make a mistake. :rolleyes:

hey all genius have dislexyia
unfortunalty not all dislexis are genius

You are just thick and lazy. Go back to the CC where everyone else is thick and can't write. You'll be amongst friends there. I bet you speak with a regional accent and live in a Council house. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
accent yes but thats becuase i am lancshire lad
council house i wish they get lot more free than i do in own house
and bet your southern pansy and slightly gay

Hi, I understand what you are saying but as far as I am led to believe in court if an unregistered / DIY installer causes an unsafe situatuation

But if he causes an unsafe situation, then presumably he was not competent to do the job. If he is competent, even though not having passed a particular examination, then the result will be a safe installation, surely? (Or at least one as safe as it would be if done by somebody who has passed that exam.)

In that case you will be able to quote the legislation which says it's an offense to do the work without having passed that examination.

Gas Safety (Installation and use) Regulations 1998 as per the HSE.

Sponsored Links
Back