They were all in the same boat

Sponsored Links
Just adding a little personal experience to Noseall's comment:
in my experience, migrants prefer urban living due to the increased opportunities for work (in addition to noseall's observation). It's only when people become sufficiently affluent that they can choose and afford to live in urban environments..

You fool! Take a drive around East London, they certainly don't look affluent. More like a sh*t hole.

Just adding a little personal experience to Noseall's comment:
in my experience, migrants prefer urban living due to the increased opportunities for work (in addition to noseall's observation). It's only when people become sufficiently affluent that they can choose and afford to live in urban environments..

You fool! Take a drive around East London, they certainly don't look affluent. More like a sh*t hole.
Sorry, Squeaky, you were correct to point out , even to capitalise on my mistake. I obviously meant:
It's only when people become sufficiently affluent that they can choose and afford to live in rural environments.

The right wing ******* are spouting about population density figures regards England and the other is spouting about population density figures regards the UK.

Neither are relevant to the migration of refugees because they populate the cities etc.

Saying that it is wrong to include the whole of the UK in the population figures as opposed to just England is like saying it is wrong to include the mountainous regions in France.

There is no doubting the UK is burgeoning with migrants and it is a cause for concern as it is in other European countries also. Any (sensible) suggestions? We certainly don't want a blanket ban on immigration, this would not be good for the UK.
Quite so, Noseall.
BTW, I'm not suggesting the other extreme, i.e. totally open borders.
There is no doubt that immigration has been, and will be continue to be, necessary and beneficial for UK and other countries.

Any approach to immigration, and continued mindset, that resembles racism or xenophobia, is abhorrent.
Unfortunately, as micilin points out, it usually replaces the sensible discussions.

Sponsored Links
The right wing ******* are spouting about population density figures regards England and the other is spouting about population density figures regards the UK.

Neither are relevant to the migration of refugees because they populate the cities etc.

Saying that it is wrong to include the whole of the UK in the population figures as opposed to just England is like saying it is wrong to include the mountainous regions in France.

There is no doubting the UK is burgeoning with migrants and it is a cause for concern as it is in other European countries also. Any (sensible) suggestions? We certainly don't want a blanket ban on immigration, this would not be good for the UK.

As a right-wing ******, I appreciate your point about taking the UK figure rather than the England figure. The vast majority of Scotland, after all, is sparsely populated so that makes things look much nicer for the UK as a whole.

Perhaps if Sturgeon obtains her desperate wish for an independent Scotland, we can then accept that England is one of the most overpopulated countries in Europe.

I should mention that I have not returned the compliment and called you a left-wing ******; your political leaning is your own business. Some of us were taught by our parents not to be rude to other people. :D

There is no doubt that immigration has been, and will be continue to be, ..............beneficial for UK and other countries.

[text unnecessary to my question has been omitted]

The UK is a big place, with regard to the diversity of its inhabitants. So, I ask in all seriousness, who in the UK "benefits from immigration", and who does not, in your opinion?

Some of us were taught by our parents not to be rude to other people. :D
Your incessant thanking of RWR (right wing ******) posts makes you guilty be association, especially when some of those posts are either lies or worse. Some of the posts you have thanked have been disgusting.

I was brought up to be impartial. Don't be sanctimonious JBR it doesn't suit.

Who would pick the fruit? It would also create chronic shortages in NHS. I can't remember the last time I saw a white, British accented GP.

Who would pick the fruit? - Some of those people queueing in the Job Centre.

Chronic shortages in NHS, including GPs - Keep all the present staff and train indigenous people.

(Notice that I'm still not calling you a left-wing ******.) :D

Some of us were taught by our parents not to be rude to other people. :D
Your incessant thanking of RWR (right wing ******) posts makes you guilty be association, especially when some of those posts are either lies or worse. Some of the posts you have thanked have been disgusting.

I was brought up to be impartial. Don't be sanctimonious JBR it doesn't suit.

So it's acceptable to call other members 'right wing *******' is it? And it appears that I am 'guilty' of agreeing with opinions of other members, and in criticising your good self I am 'sanctimonious'.

Perhaps some 'right wing *******' might consider some of your posts 'lies or worse' or even 'disgusting'.

Have you ever considered that by being less personally offensive you might find more people agreeing with you?

(Note that I am STILL refraining from calling you a left-wing moron.) :D

So it's acceptable to call other members 'right wing *******' is it?
Until the RWR can get (simple) facts right, then RWR will be the most fitting name I can come up with. Two recent posts have shown how simple comparisons are beyond the RWR.

I will continue to be a T.I.T.S. for as long as I can type.

So it's acceptable to call other members 'right wing *******' is it?
Until the RWR can get (simple) facts right, then RWR will be the most fitting name I can come up with. Two recent posts have shown how simple comparisons are beyond the RWR.

I will continue to be a T.I.T. for as long as I can type.

I have amended your post for you :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
why do you keep bringing that up?

I have noticed with nosey that he always has to bring up the alternative whether he believes it or not.

I remember the thread about Manchester dog's home burning down and how the public had raised millions of pounds for them. nosey's reply was 'What about the children's charities?' In his strange mind, if you give to an animal charity, you want children to suffer???

I used to work with a bloke who was similar. If it was 90 degrees outside, he would say he was cold. If it was cold outside, he was hot.

I've never really been sure whether nosey is a troll, a devil's advocate or simply mental although recently I get the impression that he and his lefty boyo buddies are just clutching at straws because they know they are losing their argument.
He is using a logical fallacy, i.e. Hitler was an animal lover so it follows that anyone who loves animals is a Nazi.

Sponsored Links
Back