Things getting a bit silly at Wickes!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Its just kai's leisure activity.
He spends the weekends prowling the likes of Selco and Wickes wanting to get recognised as an electrician so they'll give him a big discount.:LOL:

I agree with RF in a way, when I started, pubs wouldnt get a music and dance license if wired in T+E, I recall a right scene once when someone spurred a T+E off a pyro ring main, they were threatened to be shut down till it was sorted and in comercial it was rare to even see T+E anywhere, one of the main reasons metal was used, I suppose was to ease terminating, pyro, conduit , swa Etc.
The recent influx of plastic seemed to start when people opted for T+E, FP and YY flex instals, same as the demise of Bus bar chambers and metal switchfused submains, being replaced with MCB supplies with little discrimanation, in my view standards have gone downhill and i dont feel its just Domestic contracters and also people dont tend to want to pay out for quality.
What is wrong with Twin and Earth run in steel or rigid Egatube conduit???

It was more to do with faulty wiring causing a fire to a property with a lot of customers in, pyro was what they stipulated, the laws been relaxed a bit now and focuses more on fire detection and emergency lighting
Blimey, egatube, not many people know it as that these days :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back