Toaster, 2 or 4 slices

smiths said:
I can't believe you don't have a girlfriend. :confused:

I did, but all the runners-up just wouldn't accept it... That was a real hassle... :eek:

Sponsored Links
planenut said:
showering was a bit messy whilst on the loo

Quite, but far less messy than going to the toilet in the shower...

Re toilet seat. Just do as I do, and sit down to w e e........that way, the seat is always down.

Dingbat - in a previous life, I was married to someone who had over 1000 soft toys, so I got used to ejecting a few hundred (literally!) from the bed every night.....it was refreshing to leap into bed (once that relationship was over, of course!) with someone else and not have that chore.....

Smiths, in reference to your userid, I will answer with the words of Morissey, only not in a whiney fashion:

"You shut your mouth"

Unless you were referring to Smith's Crisps, in which case I will reply with

"crunch crunch, munch munch munch"

securespark said:
Re toilet seat. Just do as I do, and sit down to w e e........that way, the seat is always down.

But that doesn't mean lid...

This is why I and my boyfriend don't live together; it's as much an issue for me as it is to a woman. We had a row about it once...

Me: "Nigel, you left the toilet seat up again..."

Him: "But I'm only going to lift it up the next time I want a p*ss, why put it down?"

So I hatched a plan. Nigel, you see, is a chef. The kitchen is his domain...

Him: "Simon - why are all the kitchen cupboards open?"

Me: "Well, I might fancy something to eat in a minute. Why shut them?"

He didn't see it. We now jest that the reason we live apart is the toilet seat...

Sponsored Links
I had a similar argument to that with my mother when I was a kid. coming in from playing football to have sunday lunch.

Mother: "Wash your hands before you eat your dinner"
Me: "What's the point, they're only gonna get dirty again"
Mother: "In that case there's no point having your dinner at all!"
Me: "Why?"
Mother: "Because you're only gonna get hungry again later"
Me: "Where's the soap?"

Moral of the story. Don't argue with a woman. You'll never win.

AdamW said:
Ah master, there is still much for me to learn. You must teach me the ways of Dingbat-style :D

You have much to learn, young glasshopper and the way is strewn with many obstacles. When you can change channels whilst simultaneously opening the next can, dipping into the Pringles tube, discoursing on the for-four-two lineup and farting then you will have taken your first steps along the path to enlightenment. Go now and practise.

ninebob said:

If there is one thing I learned when I worked as a waiter, it is that you don't mess with a chef, his kitchen or his knives!

I assumed you would be called "Robert"... Shows that nicks are not necessarily anything like real names...

So who is betting I'm not really called Adam?

Regards,

Dave :p

ninebob said:
securespark said:

But that doesn't mean lid...

This is why I and my boyfriend don't live together; it's as much an issue for me as it is to a woman. We had a row about it once...

Me: "Nigel, you left the toilet seat up again..."

Him: "But I'm only going to lift it up the next time I want a p*ss, why put it down?"

So I hatched a plan. Nigel, you see, is a chef. The kitchen is his domain...

Me: "Well, I might fancy something to eat in a minute. Why shut them?"

He didn't see it. We now jest that the reason we live apart is the toilet seat...
bloke makes a cup of tea......fills kettle,turns it on/gets cup/moves to cuboard above fridge & gets sugar/gets milk from fridge/gets tea spoon from drawer on way back/makes tea/washes spoon/cleans up drips from worktop/puts the milk & suger back...job done .no mess.
wife makes cuppa.fills up kettle/goes to cuboard to get sugar & leaves door open/puts sugar next to kettle /goes back to fridge to get milk & put it near kettle/goes to cuboard to get cup,leaves door open/makes a cuppa,leaves annoying drips & sugar on worktop next to dirty spoon on worktop/cuboards which are still left open .job done.time & motion study.

You could be on to something there OMG.

I knew a girl who would always leave the tea-bag on the worktop. One day I just had to asked her why, and got the response "well that's what my mum always does". :confused:

Also women do exhibit an aversion to fully closing cupboard doors, which is odd as you would think this would be something they were very particular about. I've still not figured that one out.

AdamW said:
Isn't there actually a British Dental Association guideline on this? I believe that the minimum suggested distance to keep an unprotected toothbrush from a toilet is 6 feet.

Yes, there is a rule for everything :D
When you get old and it happens to us all, when the old prostate starts to play up, i'm wondering if 6 feet is far enough away! :(

ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
bloke makes a cup of tea......fills kettle,turns it on/gets cup/moves to cuboard above fridge & gets sugar/gets milk from fridge/gets tea spoon from drawer on way back/makes tea/washes spoon/cleans up drips from worktop/puts the milk & suger back...job done .no mess.
wife makes cuppa.fills up kettle/goes to cuboard to get sugar & leaves door open/puts sugar next to kettle /goes back to fridge to get milk & put it near kettle/goes to cuboard to get cup,leaves door open/makes a cuppa,leaves annoying drips & sugar on worktop next to dirty spoon on worktop/cuboards which are still left open .job done.time & motion study.

Bloke's turn to cook. Twenty minutes, fresh ingredients, two pans, wash used utensils while cooking, serve up, wash pans, sit down to lovely meal with nice bottle of wine.

Missus's turn to cook. Open all cupboards, use all pans, bowls, devices and utensils in kitchen. Cover all horizontal surfaces with flour, oil, balsamic vinegar and some kind of pre-prepared tomatoey gunk purporting to come from Italy (Basingstoke, probably). Two hours and one fire brigade call out later, sit in stony silence to consume inedible meal, able only to contemplate the mountain of washing up. On completion, discover unopened bottle of wine and stand by for tears.

AdamW said:
Smiths, in reference to your userid, I will answer with the words of Morissey, only not in a whiney fashion:

"You shut your mouth"

Unless you were referring to Smith's Crisps, in which case I will reply with

"crunch crunch, munch munch munch"

After reading all your useless information and pretending to know everything even though you're a young pup...

"Heaven knows I'm miserable now"

smiths said:
After reading all your useless information and pretending to know everything even though you're a young pup...

"Heaven knows I'm miserable now"

Blimey Adamski, seems you have a fan!!

Yes, I had noted that he does seem to have issues towards me... either that or he is just a gimp. I've tried to make light of it, but he/she is very persistant.

Who knows, maybe it is even someone I know from "real life" who has some gripe with me...

Sponsored Links
Back