Toaster, 2 or 4 slices

I don't know you Adam, but after viewing many posts, you stood out. On and on and on, it's just too much. I remember a girlfriend who used to...and another who made me do...No wonder they left you! Try a little more action and a little less talk, you might be able to keep one.
And by the way, I don't believe you've had any girlfriends, anyway.

Sponsored Links
OK then smiths, what makes YOU think that YOU have the right to come into a forum, as a newbie, and mount a hate campaign against an established member for no good reason? You even admit you don't know me, so what is your problem?! Yes, I may speak somewhat convolutedly at times. I may even use hard words that morons like you don't understand. Words such as "and", or "the", or "a".

And the fact that you are getting so personal with someone you don't know... "No wonder they left you"... methinks you have some issues of your own.

I believe you can get psychiatry on the NHS for all kinds of inferiority complexes nowadays. I suggest you visit your GP and discuss your problems.

Now either play nice or p*ss off.

Sponsored Links
dingbat said:
Er, Adam... don't bite. It ain't worf it, mate.

'spose... :LOL:

But in the immortal words of Popeye, "There's only so much I can stands and then I can't stands no more!" ;)

Smiths

What's got your goat?

Lighten up. Live and let live.

securespark said:
Smiths

What's got your goat?

Lighten up. Live and let live.

How can anybody put up with that w****r? Now he's quoting popeye, get a life you twit.
I'd love to know what your specialty is adam, you seem to post in every forum. Jack of all trades and master of none? Please let me know what you studied at uni, I have a feeling it's engineering.
Take a break from the keyboard and go out and meet some real people.

Smiths, you are what is known as a "troll"... one who enters an internet forum and tries to cause trouble. Now, about me being "jack of all trades, master of none". I am not a jack or master of any trade. I am not a plumber, an electrician, a joiner, a bricklayer, a plasterer, a roofer or any other trade that you would find building a house, office block, swimming pool, lunatic asylum. I never said I was.

I have just reviewed your "contributions":

When people are discussing brass screws: "Slotted head are rubbish"... Oh, and then someone points out that you can't get phillips brass screws.

A window blind: "Can you drop your holes to where the trim(architrave) is?" The poster then tells you "no architrave here". No-one mentioned any window architrave... In fact I am yet to see a modern kitchen window with architraves.

Then when someone mentions knackering their thumbnail with a still-spinning screwdriver bit, what gem do you supply us with? "That's got to hurt, mate." What is your trade? Stating the bleeding obvious?!

When someone asks "What mass of tiles can I put on plasterboard?" you say "I'm sure pitt dan can quote a BS standard after he's spoken to his buddy paul." You obviously don't know anything about tiles or plasterboards either... Yet you still give someone a quote of £400 to do some tiling. Blind leading the blind...

Looking at your posts I can only imagine you fancy yourself as a tiler, but I would be surprised if you are indeed a real tradesman... I suspect you are someone who has decided that you "can do" tiling. So you do it for a living, and you leave a trail of bodged and badly finished tiling behind you.

Now, whilst it isn't really any of your business, I studied Physics at university... And my knowledge of physics has provided more benefit to this forum than your knowledge of tiling... If, as I suspect, your IQ is insufficient to grasp this concept, what I am saying is that physics provides zero benefit here, but your posts serve only to reduce the credibility of the forum.

Now if I were to analyse, I would put money on you having been the kid at school who was so ashamed of their lack of intellect that they would pick on the bright kids in class to try and bring them down to your level.

From what you have said in your many musings, I suspect that you are in your 40s, single (possibly divorced), harbour evermore disturbing sexual fantasies, and pretend that you are happy. Yet deep down you despair of the hollow existance you lead and the fact that you can't see any way out of it due to your lack of education and social skills. For your own sake, get some help.

You obviously have no desire to contribute constructively... You haven't done so yet and I doubt you ever will. So why don't you just leave those of us who have a passion for DIY to our own lives? If at any time you need to ask a question to a real tradesman, there are plenty here who will help you.

Regards,

Dr Adam W. BSc (Hons), MSc, PhD

P.S. To paraphrase you, I don't know "everything" yet smiths, but as you can see I'm not far off :p

Christ, Adam, that made me laugh so much I choked on my lunch!

Good on yer, mate.

And yet, you're still a geek. If you're neither a jack nor a master, why do you keep answering posts. Typical diy dooshbag pretending to know all.
As you said..."From what you have said in your many musings, I suspect that you are in your 40s, single (possibly divorced), harbour evermore disturbing sexual fantasies, and pretend that you are happy.
Musings? Harbour evermore? How long have you been waiting to use those words?
And sexual fantasies? You brought it up, not me. I can only imagine what's going through your mind. Sorry, I'm taken.
"I suspect that you are in your 40's"...who are you, Poirot???
Instead of trying to impress people with your command of the English language(and you know we can all do that)...try saying hi to a woman once in awhile. I know they're scary, but ask your mum, she'll tell you what they're like.

bl**dy hell

i look at a thread about tosters and find a right slanging match :eek: :eek:

can you lads not just agree to disagree :( :( :( :(

a bit of banter is great :D :D :D :D

but when it turns into a personal barrage of insults nobody gains

big all

big-all said:
a bit of banter is great :D :D :D :D

but when it turns into a personal barrage of insults nobody gains

big all

I totally agree! Banter is great... it usually takes a short while until you know the other contributors well enough to have some repartee. But instantly launching a vendetta against one man is not banter!

Smiths: I am a geek. That isn't to say I am small, mousey, wear spectacles and discuss star trek. It means that I take interest in all things technical, and that I appreciate intellect instead of being so intimidated by it that I feel it necessary to launch into an offensive against a total stranger! Before you say "but you said..." remember that was my rebuttal (not defensive). And my use of English? It is no different to how I speak in "real life". I bet as a child you used to make fun of kids in your class who didn't share your accent/dialect too!

I am a geek, and proud. I am proud of who I am, of what I have accomplished and of what I will accomplish. Not sure what you have to be proud of, but I am sure that eventually someone will put "Most pointless DIY forum attack" in the Guinness books.

If you're neither a jack nor a master, why do you keep answering posts. Typical diy dooshbag pretending to know all.

Right, so you are coming into a DIY forum and making a stereotype against DIYers? Are you daft or something?! Would you walk into the middle of Brixton, shave your head and start chanting racist slogans? The reason I answer posts is because I have information pertinent to the question. Now, I pose your question right back at you. YOU have not told us what your trade is, you don't appear to have one. Yet you still give what can at best be described as "words". I have read every single one of your posts (all 20 or so of them) and none of them contained any information that would help anyone. Please explain.

If you aren't going to contribute anything to this forum, that is fine. But don't come in here and act purely destructively.

By the way, "douche" is the correct spelling in "dooshbag". Douche, from the French word for shower, is commonly used in America to mean an enema. May I suggest you learn to speak English proficiently.

Smiths

I post everywhere, and a lot of what I post is light-hearted drivel, and I freely admit that. Why aren't you having a go at me too?

There's one word for people like you: bully.

Go away.

Dear masona,
I must protest, you've started something here my dear .... smoking them out of the --- toaster !! all crisp like. ;)

P

Sponsored Links
Back