Trace and Access advise and recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

long story short, had a leak which was fixed broken water waste pipe loss adjuster used a restoration company who pumped the water out only to find more still coming in, (under the house) Adjuster now asked me to find a company and get the trace and access done and then send them the report and invoice for reimbursement I wanted to ask if this is normal practice? My policy includes trace and access cover

Secondly I'd like a recommendation from you good folk as i don't fancy having this dragging out for any longer, its already been months, Central Scotland or Glasgow based company or even a national one just as long they can do the job correctly

many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
You're a 'consumer' who has suffered a loss you were insured for, the insurer is obliged to make things right. If they don't want to arrange trace & access or whatever tell them that's fine you will arrange and the fees for your time or the project manager you appoint will be added to the bill. Get confirmation in writing before appointing an agent (or doing it yourself). As an insured consumer you have lots of rights (not the same for commercial insurance), don't let them fob you off. Use email not the phone if possible or if using the phone email them immediately after to clarify & confirm what was agreed on the phone. Probably as soon as you start to assert your rights they will sharpen up quick. You are not obliged to use any company they want you to.

delb0y, Hi

Welcome to the murky world of Insurance.

For my sins, I have been in the Insurance Industry for about 15 Years, working as a Surveyor and as a loss Adjuster on all sorts of claims from simple storm and as in your case Escape of Water Claims to Subsidence, i now work Freelance for various firms, indeed one is a multi-national company.

There are a couple of things that do not stack up, in Insurance terms??

generally if you have T/A then the Loss Adjuster should be very keen to retain control of what is to be spent because T/A can be up to a Max of generally £ 5,000, but the T/A spend is very highly variable between insurance C

Sponsored Links
delb0y, Hi

Welcome to the murky world of Insurance.

For my sins, I have been in the Insurance Industry for about 15 Years, working as a Surveyor and as a loss Adjuster on all sorts of claims from simple storm and as in your case Escape of Water Claims to Subsidence, i now work Freelance for various firms, indeed one is a multi-national company.

There are a couple of things that do not stack up, in Insurance terms??

Generally if you have T/A then the Loss Adjuster should be very keen to retain control of what is to be spent because T/A can be up to a Max of generally £ 5,000, but the T/A spend is very highly variable between Insurance Companies.

Your post notes that you have had an Escape of water from a Waste pipe, this would indicate that the Solumn below your home is contaminated and if the Solumn is simply Earth [not Un-common] in Scotland?? the top layer of Earth must be removed and replaced by a DPM and Concrete.

As for your under floor area flooding from an external source? this water entering the property should be tested, and it is possible to test for the presence of.
1/. Fecal Content, if positive there is a leaky Sewer near you???
2/. Soap? this will indicate a leaking drain from the Sink or bath / shower.

To recap, it sounds as if your insurer [or more likely] the Loss Adjuster, working for your insurer is playing the usual Insurer / Loss Adjuster GAME?? do nothing and hope the Punter goes away?

I have several solutions, but because we are communicating on a No Advertising Forum I cannot give any further advice.

Your call but? if possible send me a contact and I would like to try to assist??

Ken.

Back