using british gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
would you bounce me out the door if you had previously been warned that the price may change by the callcentre cdepending on the job time?

Of course not, if someone is coming to quote me on a job then I can decide whether to go ahead with them after. I would never imagine any engineer arriving at a customers site to actually do a job for which a price hasn't been agreed.

IF I was advised of this by the company I would point out to them their own T&C's don't make this clear and that they are selling via misleading advertising.

Sponsored Links
Heres what is in the FPR T&Cs relating to extra charges.

8. The charge for the work includes the labour, parts and call-out for fixing the first fault we identify, and faults directly related to that fault. We may charge you separately for repairs to further unrelated faults.

Fair enough, its the customers choice the if they have the extra work done.

9. The service does not include the cost of:

* repairs identified or needed due to design faults in your current system at the time of the agreed work being carried out;

Cant really get out of a cylinder/PCB/Heat ex because of that.

14. Where we replace an existing cylinder, we will use our best endeavours to re-install your immersion heater where it is possible. If necessary, we will agree any extra costs with you beforehand.

Doesnt say we wont change on it on FPR. Extra costs incurred would relate to upgrades like a tapstat on a grav system.

If we decide we can't repair the problem, we will let you know immediately and you will not have to pay a charge.
Not make up a new price and ask you to bend over whilst you get shafted.

Ive got the right hump today lol[/b]

its probably not been rolled out to your area yet, unless you havent been briefed on it for some reason, wouldnt surprise me if you havent.

Probably because its a patch idea to reduce costs and improve income generation.

WTF is this s***te about the fluctuating cost of an FPR?

Ive turned up stats and ive replaced £400 heat ex's on the FPRs. Making up the rules as you go along just makes you stand out as a shirker, liable to bounce a job if it looks remotely like you will have to put some effort in.

I dont bounce jobs, never take the easy option and take the rough with the smooth. Only sell upgrades when it will benefit customers and only put heating leads in when the custard asks for one. Yet i still manage to perform above target. The shirkers on my patch are the ones that cant hit targets.

Thats funny, i remember you bragging about how you won't replace a Response HEX on a fixed price.

We wont replace on a fixed price on our patch. We advise its beyond economical repair (which it is). The only ones we do are the ones already on contracts

These cover our choice not to do response heat exchangers on a fixed price repair. How many independants will do them rather than recommend the customer ditchs the pile of scrap?

gas man gaz is just as bad
on our patch we wont do it for a fixed price repair either

All the above was posted in the CC away from the publics eyes :rolleyes:

PP..maybe you have changed your ways which is to your credit but back then you was a naughty boy ;)

Sponsored Links
IF I was advised of this by the company I would point out to them their own T&C's don't make this clear and that they are selling via misleading advertising.

er what? :confused:

you clearly dont get the idea of a fixed price repair. the engineer is not coming out to "quote" you on anything. you have already recieved your "quote" from the callcentre. that "quote" can be any one of three prices dependant on the time taken to do the job (your postcode will also make a difference but thats always been the case). no repair, no fee. whats difficult to understand about that?

if you think BG dont have T+C's to cover this then you need to think again.

Thats funny, i remember you bragging about how you won't replace a Response HEX on a fixed price.

We wont replace on a fixed price on our patch. We advise its beyond economical repair (which it is). The only ones we do are the ones already on contracts

PP..maybe you have changed your ways which is to your credit but back then you was a naughty boy ;)

Thats different to making up a diferent charge scale though. It was hardly bragging either.

Some repairs ARE beyond economical repair and if thats the case then the custard will get their money back. Independants wouldnt do them, ideal arent keen to do them, why should we?

Thats different to making up a diferent charge scale though. It was hardly bragging either.

Some repairs ARE beyond economical repair and if thats the case then the custard will get their money back. Independants wouldnt do them, ideal arent keen to do them, why should we?

but it doesnt say in the T+C's that response's are exempt.

dont really see the problem, yeh its a heavy old turd of an H/E but flue turret aside its not really a difficult job is it? the price of the H/E is irrelevant as you arent paying for it.

If an engineer turns up and can change the price based on the job in front of him, he's come to quote and I surely have the right ot refuse that quote and show him the door. Agree?

BG are advertising, in my post code, a FIXED PRICE REPAIR and quote me 168 quid online. I have to call to book it. Now if that price can change, it can't be advertised nor quoted to me as 168 pounds. If they advertised it as FROM 168 pounds then that would be fine, if only it was mentioned in the online T&C's as variable it would probably cover them.

BTW, I think it's a good offer if you know you have a definite fault in your boiler alternatively I bet BG make a lot of money from repressurise and top up the jobs I'm not getting at the engineers here, just the advertised product versus the actual product.

If an engineer turns up and can change the price based on the job in front of him, he's come to quote and I surely have the right ot refuse that quote and show him the door. Agree?

are you sure you arent going to "bounce him out the door" instead?

he's not quoting he's there to repair. you are getting a fixed price repair, you just dont know what the fixed price is until he knows whats involved.

BG are advertising, in my post code, a FIXED PRICE REPAIR and quote me 168 quid online. I have to call to book it. Now if that price can change, it can't be advertised nor quoted to me as 168 pounds. If they advertised it as FROM 168 pounds then that would be fine, if only it was mentioned in the online T&C's as variable it would probably cover them.

and as we have already established it seems the variable rates are not national yet.

BTW, I think it's a good offer if you know you have a definite fault in your boiler alternatively I bet BG make a lot of money from repressurise and top up the jobs I'm not getting at the engineers here, just the advertised product versus the actual product.

i'm sure they do, thats none of my concern. the "actual" product is the advertised product, you are made well aware of the variable rate, one of which makes it cheaper for the customer if its just a ten minute "top up" job.

Yes i was impressed with Dangermouse and his restraint normally he goes off on one with Briitish Gas and this time it seems a few of the group were on his case

well done mate for showing restraint and actually using your loaf to weed out a numpty,dangermouse has probably forgotten more then some of these so called BLEATERS who are moaning about repairs

For the real hard of understanding the clue is in the name ............its called a FIXED PRICE REPAIR,not a repair what we choose it to be and will charge you what our engineer thinks

people like pablo get the job done and he works forBG well done mate,and yes i totally agree with there are plenty of shirkers in the company want any excuse to get out of it

The company advertises FIXED PRICE REPAIR go and do your job thats what you get paid for

Yes i was impressed with Dangermouse and his restraint normally he goes off on one with Briitish Gas and this time it seems a few of the group were on his case

well done mate for showing restraint and actually using your loaf to weed out a numpty,dangermouse has probably forgotten more then some of these so called BLEATERS who are moaning about repairs

For the real hard of understanding the clue is in the name ............its called a FIXED PRICE REPAIR,not a repair what we choose it to be and will charge you what our engineer thinks

people like pablo get the job done and he works forBG well done mate,and yes i totally agree with there are plenty of shirkers in the company want any excuse to get out of it

The company advertises FIXED PRICE REPAIR go and do your job thats what you get paid for

is this a reply to me? :confused: try using the quote button.

you are an idiot, do you even know how old the post was that dangermouth quoted?

I know you are definetly one of those as Dick puller would quote a CCC or cc ,and moaning bleating like little girl from that boast didnt the gas trade work out to what you thought it wos going to be

LOlz

cowboy in polo shirt and career change chancer names that suit you down to tee nickso

This thread is a perfect example of what crooks bg are; fixed prices when it suits them and charge alot more when it doesn't. Don't they uderstand the word FIXED ffs?

Petit Pablo your colleague "paul from bg" is one of the numpties giving you a bad name, as Happyplumber says he's a cowboy in a polo shirt, dancing for the suits and paying for the champers at the agm by fair means or foul.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back