Veritas 8 Alarm going off, won't stop.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Need a bit of help, now i'm useless at all things DIY so apologies if some of the terms I use are wrong!!

I was replacing a light switch upstairs in my house, I turned the upstairs lights off at the mains before starting. A couple of minutes later the house alarm has started going off and it won't stop. The keypad by the door is useless and none of the controls on it have any effect.

The lights have been turned back on at the mains.

ANy ideas of how to possibly stop it?

Sponsored Links
First of all you need a new battery.

If the keypad is unresponsive, do the following.

Remove the fuse from the spur feeding the alarm panel.
If there is no spur, turn the lighting circuit off again. Open the alarm panel and take out the battery and the fuse (Black holder where the mains comes in, it should be safe as YOU HAVE SWITCHED OFF THE MAINS BUT BE CAREFUL). Put cover back on.

All should quieten down in a few minutes if the outside sounder is still going.
It will cut off or just die.

Then go and buy a new battery like the one you took out and reverse the process if you want the alarm to still work.

Or call out an engineer.

This is for youfukers thats going through what I did 20 minutes ago easy!
Go to the bigger box not the one with the keypad listen to where most of the sounds coming from next to it a little clip that says fuse next to the box has a tiny space get a knife flick it open then get a star shaped screw driver get the 2 screws on the box of and just pull the block that's connected to a few wires! I know you don't have to thank me

Sponsored Links
We won't because that's NOT always going to stop it ....in fact it could make it harder to stop it !
In fact a really stupid post that could kill somone ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back