Veritas R8 problem while setting

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
Today I noticed that the Pyronix PIR had a crack around the lower screw, when I opened it the plastic around the screw broke in small parts so I temporarly fixed it using a cable tie.

Now when I set the alarm it double-beeps (the PIR is the zone 2) as it does when there is a connection problem between panel and PIR.

But after it stops beeping the keypad indicates that the alarm is set. And the PIR does work correctly and triggers the alarm normally if I walk around.

Why the double-beeps then? I am not using the tamper connection for the PIR so the not perfectly close PIR body should not be noticed.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Sponsored Links
Does it go off if you walk in to zone 2? Wondering if it's omitted that zone during set due to a fault.

Yes it works normally.

Both as chime or as normal alarm.

Sponsored Links
I am not 100% sure what you mean by beeping:

- when I set the alarm and it does the "double beeping" nobody is in front of the PIR
- when I use the chime function it beeps when someone is in front of the PIR

Thanks for the help!

when setting the alarm, a double beep and zone 2 illuminated indicates the zone 2 is active.

a triple beep and zone 3, zone 3 is active and so on.

When the zone is clear the system will set.

Cant remember what the exit tone sounds like off the top of my head mind, at the moment I am struggling to visualise anything wrong. Most PIR's click shut and the screw helps keep it in place.

if it sets and alarms and chimes at the right times then cant see anything being wrong.

so are there any indications on the keypad that a zone is active(illuminated) during setting?

I have to verify tonight if the zone 2 is illuminated on the keypad, I am at work right now.

So you think that maybe the cable tie does not "seal" the plastic body and this activates the zone during startup? I did not trust to alarm it last night, I just quickly tested it (one alarm and a couple chimes) and did not want to be woken up in the middle of the night (and upset the neighbors). So it may give false alarms if activated for a prolonged time.

Thanks

I confirm that the zone 2 led blinks on the keypad.

I let the alarm on the whole day and no false alarm were triggered... anyway Pyronix was very helpful and is sending me a replacement front case. I think that once sealed the PIR will go back to normality...

hmm if zone two is illuminated, and it double beeps but the alarm sets then the zone must be omitted somewhere as otherwise it wouldn't set. you can on some variants program which zones you want to use on a full set.

But it chimes if I enter zone 2... and it trigger an alarm if the alarm is set. Very strange :)

Could it be 100% dependent on the Pyronix PIR? that it notices the case is open?

I have no idea how your panel is configured, an active zone would stop the system from arming normally, or at least arming and then going into alarm after the timer expired and the zone went active again

but you say when its armed it fires when you walk in front of the detector and when unarmed the zone chimes.

so clearly it appears to be working properly-ish. If the new plastic sorts you out then I wouldn't worry about it, if it doesn't then need to look at the programming options and exactly what it is or isn't doing step by step.

Changed the cover (kudos to Pyronix, 3 days from Leeds to Switzerland! THANKS!) and it's all fine now!

Mysteries...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back