VIESSMAN VITODENS 200W(35kW), ATAG E32C or VAILLANT 837 ?

I was considering installing an ATAG, but they wouldn't sell to anyone who wasn't CORGI registered - even if you were getting a reg to install it, thus i opted for the viessmann.

I can echo some of the other comments on here. THe vitodens 100 is useless. Aluminium exchanger and made on a budget. ALso uses 230V controls and is pretty rubbish.

If you are getting a CORGI to instal it for you then why is that a problem?

Surely the Vitodens 100 is a stainless steel heat exchanger???????

Most installers consider 230v controls to be an advantage!

Tony

VITODENS 100

Stainless Steel Heat Exchanger
Some condensing boilers can be prone
to decay, due to the acidic nature of
condensate. Viessmann has developed
a unique, exclusive stainless steel heat
exchanger that is 100% corrosion
resistant.
Made in-house from a coiled tube, the
square profile maximises surface area
for highly efficient heat transfer. The
0.8mm gap allows condensate droplets
to be forced out, but prevents any from
passing into the heat exchanger.
Instead the condensate drains away in a
highly efficient, self-cleaning action.
The result is an exceptionally reliable,
durable boiler that you can depend on.
In fact, since the first Viessmann
condensing boiler was introduced in
1989, not a single boiler has failed as a
result of decay.

Sponsored Links
By the time we have finished this thread, Viessmann might have delivered their first 200W. Still waiting for the ones we've had on order :rolleyes:

Meanwhile the OP now appears to be looking at an ACV, judging from an earlier post.

If you are getting a CORGI to instal it for you then why is that a problem?

Surely the Vitodens 100 is a stainless steel heat exchanger???????

Most installers consider 230v controls to be an advantage!

Tony

The original 100 did have an aluminium exchanger but this was changed. Have a look through the thread.

I don't think running in 230V is that great on that particular brand of boilers. In 230V you are simply running a set of relay contacts. However if you go for the LV controls, you get all sorts of bells and whistles you can play with (such as weather compensation, deferred startup characteristics, mods of the pump speed etc).

As for the boiler purchasing issue, plumbers around here charge an inappropriate "handling fee" for making a phone call to get me a boiler. £20 I can understand. 5-15% is too much - at that price.

I don't think running in 230V is that great on that particular brand of boilers. In 230V you are simply running a set of relay contacts. However if you go for the LV controls, you get all sorts of bells and whistles you can play with (such as weather compensation, deferred startup characteristics, mods of the pump speed etc).

You only get the additional features if the boiler supports them!

The 100 does not support them although they are saying that a variant will be issued this year with external weather compensation. They cannot say if this will only apply to new ones or can be a retrofit to existing ones.

Tony

Sponsored Links
The 100 does not support them although they are saying that a variant will be issued this year with external weather compensation. They cannot say if this will only apply to new ones or can be a retrofit to existing ones.
Tony

I was told by local rep that it would only apply to new ones.

When I asked the tech help there about a month ago he said that they did not know yet!

I then asked if they really did not know or had just been told to tell us that. He said they really did not know but I dont really trust them!

About a month ago I asked the local bulk sales rep if he knew and he said they didn't.

I am very disappointed about this as I have been asked to fit one by someone and I would love to get one with WC as it would suit his property and he likes a high teck installation.

Tony

"this year"

:?:

1st December and counting

What is it, 20 shopping Days to Vitodens day?

sanj varah wrote

[
b]The original 100 did have an aluminium exchanger but this was changed. Have a look through the thread.[/b]

I am intrigued by your credentials. You have arranged to be fitted one of their boilers in your own house, and that wasn't a 100 series. You are not an installer, and have not been on a training course.

Nevertheless, you feel qualified to tell those that have fitted domestic and commercial Viessmann products for some years that you know better.

Viessmann do not use alu heat exchangers. Their domestic and commercial condensers use stainless. It is true some manufacturers use either depending on application; Vaillant and Bosch Group for example.

Your obssession with WC could result in DIY specifiers making costly mistakes. WC is not a panacea; in houses with non consistent heat loss eg; a Victorian property with modern extensions - WC will not deliver the comfort or economy you suggest.

You should qualify your forthright opinions with your level of experience, and stop making claims that the 100 had an ally heat exchanger - it did not.

You should qualify your forthright opinions with your level of experience, and stop making claims that the 100 had an ally heat exchanger - it did not

Simond,

Well here's the document on the VIESSMANN website. This echoes what Mehran (pg2 on this thread) and the Viessmann rep told me

http://www.viessmann.co.uk/downloads/HeatingGuide.pdf

Please see Pg 12

"The Vitodens 100 is a particularly cost effective gas-fired condensing boiler with a high-performance aluminium/ silicone heat exchanger."

I think the exchanger was changed at some point?

You're right, I'm not an installer and I haven't been on a Viessmann training course. Clearly you are an "installer" and have been on a course - I'm glad for you. However on this occasion it would appear that my "credentials" have urinated all over you and your Viessmann scout badge.

With regards to weather compensation. It will always be more efficient or at least as efficient as a non WC system. It is or will be a requirement in Germany that all new gas boilers have WC as standard - for energy saving reasons. This will be incorporated into a DIN standard. I can't remember the exact number but its on IHS if you have access. I expect this to filter through to the UK in the next 5-10 years as an EN standard.

If you can get the boiler to condense more by using lower flow temp then it will always be more efficient.

Frankly, if you are making Forthright statements like WC is not always better and that Viessmann have never used Aluminium heat exchangers when their website clearly says something else, it says a lot about your technical knowledge (or lack of it) as a plumber.

I'm looking to have a quality combi installed soon...the boiler's longevity being the primary concern for me...

:confused: Please anyone, I'd like your thoughts / preferences on the above

Cheers !
which combi boiler did you go with at the end and how has it been so far. As I am replacing mine soon and am also after a good quality one
thx!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back