VIRGIN INTERNET

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone else found the poor performance with virgin internet. it takes me an hour almost every morning to get my lap top running, i think BRANSON wants to take a leaf out of Hitler as HITLER wasn't all bad, at least the trains ran on time.

Sponsored Links
Got two laptops running xp that take about a minute to boot up and 15 secs ish to log on to the net, using a wireless connection, or about 5 secs if I plug the lead in.

Macbook Pro takes 12 secs to boot up and about 2-3 sec for internet access.

The desk top is a permanent connections (always on)

Buy a new laptop. :LOL:

I had the same problems with virgin, they said it was my computer. I changed to orange and all is ok.

Sponsored Links
Its probably the undersea cable to Cuba - and as Castro Jnr is allowing the plebs to own PC's now, then may be a bit of a bottleneck as they all try to google "capitalism"

But if it takes you an hour to get a connection, have you considered swapping your dial-up modem for a modern 'always on' broadband connection?

I have issues with Virgin, but connecting is not one of them

Virgin emails are nearly 2 hours late tonight :rolleyes:

Anyone know where they go :LOL: is there a sort of holding area in space. :rolleyes:

laptop, router, wireless card.
plug direct into modem see if there is any difference ;)

The speed of a wireless connection (54Mbps+) between the router and the laptop will always be faster than the router's connection (1/2/4/8/16Mbps) to the internet.

So how will plugging the laptop into the router (100/1000Mbps) make it faster? :confused:

The speed of a wireless connection (54Mbps+) between the router and the laptop will always be faster than the router's connection (1/2/4/8/16Mbps) to the internet.

So how will plugging the laptop into the router (100/1000Mbps) make it faster? :confused:
true wont speed up the internet but the speed advantage of wired over wireless is seen over your home network.

We have a 10gb broadband connection

If I plug the laptop into the modem I can download a video quicker than a wireless connection.

Right or wrong in your opinion

Sponsored Links
Back