Vokera Linea 28 losing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I`ve been reading through the forum and can`t seem to find this one.

Problem is I have a vokera Linea 28, about 4 years old and runs on gas.
There was a leak underneath on saturday where the overflow that goes outside goes into the boiler so I tightened up the brass bolt on the end of the copper pipe and thought job done.

When I did that I noticed the pressure was low but the boiler wasn`t giving an error until I ran the hot water, then I get errorcode 4.
I turned the black valve underneath 180 degrees to raise the pressure to 1.5 bar but noticed that it wasn`t going up as fast as it would normally do so I thought that maybe there was pressure lost with the leak.

Now the pressure doesn`t hold at all but the boiler doesn`t give an error with the CH on till I run the hot water and I have to re-pressure it with the valve underneath. I`ve also noticed that water is coming from the overflow outside when I increase the pressure.

Do you think this will be a big job or could I do it myself?
I have all the servicing manuals and instructions for the boiler.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
it sounds like the boiler is blowing off, it could be a number of things, my guess is the expansion vessell may have split?

Thanks for you speedy response Tosh.

Is there any way I can test/check this or do you think I`ll need a fitter?

no worries, there is a way, if u take the front cover off and look usually at the back of the boiler u will c a red disc like container with a flexible hose connected to it! it u look at the top of this u will c an air type valve like those on ur car tyre, just push tht in not for long, and if it is tht then water will come out and not air, meaning it needs replacing ok tezz

Sponsored Links
I found the valve, its on the top of the boiler but air comes out if I push the needle. Do I have to release all of the air or just a few seconds?

that`s an affirmative Tosh, air came out.

I`ve read a few posts and I think it may be the pressure release valve passing slightly.
I`ve ordered a new 1 and will let you know if it solves the problem

Tez

Why have you ordered a new vessel? You have not proven it is defective. How do you know the valve is passing?

That container has a an air bubble in it. If air bubble has depleted, the vessel is not doing its job. Do a search for repressuring expansion vessel.

yer could be, but id check the pressure first and see if it hasnt lost any pressure, they are usually set at about 1 bar. U get like a pressure gauge tht goes on the end of the vessel and u just push it on and pull it off and it gives u a reading, if the pressure isnt around 1 bar id pump it up via a hand pump. worth a go hun. let us no how u get on.

Sorry, I meant I`d ordered a new pressure release valve. The vessel doesn`t seem to be holding water. There is a pressure gauge on the front of the boiler that went up to one bar as I was pumping. Is it a big job to do the valve or would I be able to do it myself?

Tez

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back