Water damage. Is it the Plumbers fault?

don't be silly they are used all the time on gas.

but i have known manometer detected leaks to 'disappear' after joints tested with lds.

Sponsored Links
For my ha'pennies worth unless you can prove negligence then don't waste your time trying to sue.......the plumber story sounds right, and you can't prove otherwise.....if you have a claim it's against the manufacturer of the faulty part as you supplied the materials. Let your insurance deal with it.

As for part P.....write (politely) to the plumber, point out the contractual terms ie 200 quid for said certificate and ask for the work to be completed within 14 days or you will deem the contract broken, employ someone else to do the certificate and bill the total charge to him plus demanding a refund of the original 200......my guess is that another Part P engineer will charge you more for the correct tests and checks....and this will spur him on to finish. Maybe tho he is worried your relationship has broken down to such a degree you wouldn't agree on what day of the week it was........sometimes it's best not to assume when you think a tradesman has messed up......sometimes they do, but most wouldn't want to damage your property anymore than you would...

So- is a cardboard washer the same as a "Fibre" one?

If so - and Fibre ones are known to fail - why would someone use one?

If the parts came supplied with it - does that put the installer in the clear?

I asked why i wasn't shown the part and was told because it was just a pulp? - does this sound right

Fibre washers are not known to fail unless not fitted correctly.

Sponsored Links
So- is a cardboard washer the same as a "Fibre" one?

If so - and Fibre ones are known to fail - why would someone use one?

If the parts came supplied with it - does that put the installer in the clear?

I asked why i wasn't shown the part and was told because it was just a pulp? - does this sound right

Fibre washers are not known to fail unless not fitted correctly.

Sorry but this is just rubbish.

I go to Arimtage shanks plastic elevated ballvalves where the fibre washer has failed and which has been installed as part of the manufacturring process on a regular basis at least once a month.

I won't even talk about the number of failures I see in a month on the tap adaptors that contain fibre washers connecting to cisterns or indeed taps.

Plastic ballvalves don't need washers :eek:

I don't know what type of work you do Tony, but I have been in the trade for 49.10 years and have not had a single repair involving a failed fibre washer.

So rubbish or not, speak as you find it.

Plastic ballvalves do contain fibre washers or do they sell a different types in England?

Not going round in circles with this but you are wrong wrong wrong and I don't care how long you've been in the trade.

No offence mate but we are either talking about something completely different from each other or one of us is talking nonesense and it ain't me ;)

http://www.shop-com.co.uk/Oracstar_Ball_Valve_Kit-45186913-p!.shtml?trk=1

http://www.lunns.net/cisternspares/

Halfway down the page: HP Nylon seat and washer 65700

tonybhoy said:
Plastic ballvalves do contain fibre washers or do they sell a different types in England?

Not going round in circles with this but you are wrong wrong wrong and I don't care how long you've been in the trade.

No offense mate but we are either talking about something completely different from each other or one of us is talking nonsense and it ain't me ;)

http://www.shop-com.co.uk/Oracstar_Ball_Valve_Kit-45186913-p!.shtml?trk=1[/QUOTE]

We are talking about tap connectors not the insides, so don't change the subject, or edit your post ;)

The tap connector to plastic ballvalve does not need a washer. :rolleyes:

If as you say you are going round repairing hundreds of failed fibre washers then you must live in Cowboy country.

Be honest, how many tap connectors that you have fitted have you had to go back to because the washer has failed. Not a lot if any I bet.

tonybhoy said:
Right you are Dad ;)

You asked for that :)

That would be Grandad, :LOL:

Then again if I'm Dad you would be boy :rolleyes:

And stop upsetting mod 7, he's had a bad day. :cry:

I helped a friend last Thursday to replace a fibre pump washer which was all gooee and leaking.

We put in a rubber one!

But then I have only been doing heating repairs for 10 years!

Tony

i would go for a fiber washer on a pump every time especially on a tight replacement.

10 years not long enough Agile.

Are you lot trying to convince me, there are hundreds of millions of fibre washer in use, and have been since God knows when, that you have suddenly discovered they are not up for the job. :LOL:

Balderdash and drivel :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back