water getting into boiler through flue

If you can't work out to open it I can't really see you fixing it.
If the cover is closed with "one way snap on" connections, like cheap laminate, it can be very difficult to open without breaking things. Once open, Tony would have at least 90% chance of being able to find the problem and repair it.
But that is clearly way out of your league.

Sponsored Links
So tell us what is wrong with it then if you are 90% sure he can fix it. (He won't).

So tell us what is wrong with it then if you are 90% sure he can fix it. (He won't).
Doesn't matter one tiny little bit what is wrong with it, saying that there is 90% chance Tony could fix the problem is erring on the side of caution.
Not something you would understand as there is nothing that you really know a lot about, so for somebody like you it would always be a matter of: "depends what's wrong with it".
For engineers it's a matter of: is it economically viable or not.

As Ben says the monitor has one way snap connectors.

Since there are no lights at all then its likely to be a PSU fault and those are easier to repair.

I would not bother if it was a logic fault.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Doesn't matter one tiny little bit what is wrong with it, saying that there is 90% chance Tony could fix the problem is erring on the side of caution.
Not something you would understand as there is nothing that you really know a lot about, so for somebody like you it would always be a matter of: "depends what's wrong with it".
For engineers it's a matter of: is it economically viable or not.

Tell us what's wrong with it then. You ain't no engineer without a degree in engineering. You are a plumber and plumbers aren't good with electrics never mind electronics.

Well Agile, i'm sorry I thought this site (which I had never heard of until my electrician told me about it) was here to help and advise people. now you sit on your knowledgable backside and critisise, I paid £2500 for a new boiler and 4 rads. The firm was recommended and they recommended the boiler. Your comments only help to convince me that there are a lot of people out there intere3sted in looking after their own interests and the poor bloody customer is always to blame when things go wrong.
No one has actually answered my original question so just argue amongst yourselves. i have better things to do

Well Agile, i'm sorry I thought this site (which I had never heard of until my electrician told me about it) was here to help and advise people. now you sit on your knowledgable backside and critisise, I paid £2500 for a new boiler and 4 rads. The firm was recommended and they recommended the boiler. Your comments only help to convince me that there are a lot of people out there intere3sted in looking after their own interests and the poor bloody customer is always to blame when things go wrong.
No one has actually answered my original question so just argue amongst yourselves. i have better things to do

No started about 1 year ago. Fitter found small amount of water in and fixed that, then last August I had no hot water and he fitted a new air pressure switch. Since december it has tripped about 5 times always in bad weather. last time I could not get it going again. Plumber came out and found loose connection and got it going again. Now I leave it on all the time (not on Timer) as it normally happens when it first switches on, and just turn thermostat down. I keep being advised to get a new boiler. electrician has confirmed the wiring is ok. At the moment it is ok but I do not trust it

As I interpret your posting there it has only been repaired just once froim water ingress!

However much you feel justified, you relied on just the installer's advice on a boiler make. That does not seem wise!

Dont you realise that he was biased?

Three faults in thee years seems normal for an Alpha.

Tony

I suspect the defects are result of water ingress. Contrary to what Tony says I find Alpha no different than most other makes. What gives boilers a bad name (there are some bad ones out there mind you) is bad installation which this boiler appears to suffer from

Water throgh the flue will stop an aoir pressure switch from working, could lead to power outage when water shorts live conductors. Might be worth looking at getting the flue sorted rather than going for a new boiler.

Thank you DP. This nis nwhat has happened. I had the air pressure switch replaced last August by a reputable fitter who sub- contracted to British gas and had all their diagnostic equupment. When I tried to contact him again there was a recorded message saying he no longer traded as Excel Heating. I presume he's gone to work for them full time( or left the country) Whatever this means the years guarantee is worth Jack **** (excuse the language). I reall y do seem to pick them, or are they all the same? Anyway I will now try to find someone else to have a look and be very careful who I choose. I do not know really how I can rely on anyone, the Gas Safe system is no surety that someone is a) reliable and b) wont just disappear.
as for you Agile you should'nt have bought a cheap lap top!

My failed monitor is a MY23WS which is a Samsung high definition wide screen 23".

They are considered to be one of the best monitors!

In fact as I was so happy with its performance I have bought a 24" Samsung to use for the time being.

Tony

But it still went wrong. You really should have known better. Did the salesman tell you it was the best? :mrgreen:

It has worked perfectly for 3-4 years!

It would have been better if it had worked longer.

When I have found out how to open the case I will see whats wrong!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back