what boiler?

we have used a few Procombi 100HE from Vokera and customers have been pleased with the boiler.
other than that we use Vaillant Ecotecs Hi, thanksfor reply. Do you consider v, eco worth that bit more than worcester, approx £!50, do you rate the v,eco better quality than worcester?

would not touch
Ideal
Ravenheat
heatline
Hi, me again, cannot find 100he on web, 35he and below

just ask in any independent merchants or buy online £580 ish all in boiler, flue and timeclock for the band B a bit more for the band A

Sponsored Links
ideal logic is a fine peice of kit
doubt you will be saying that in 12 months time Ideal have built nothing good for several years,

response, icos, isar, evo, mexico (he). not one of these has been any good why would anyone put their trust in their latest effort?? its beyond me!!
as for customer service or warranty from Ideal forget it you won't get any as they are a shower of ****e!!

Alfredo";p="1613226 said:
My boiler, a Myson Apollo 30/50B (stainless steel HE) ,( at a minimum outlay of £6000 against a maximum saving on gas of £1800) and have spent a small fortune on repairs on these very sophisticated pieces of kit.

Outlay of £6k min for new boiler? You have expensive tastes. You can pay me 5k to install one anyday as a decent boiler is about 1k these days

Read again. I said, in 18 years I would probably be on my 2nd possibly 3rd condensing boiler, at an outlay of £6000 aprox. 2K each

Sponsored Links
Snugib is right !!! Joe public renew's there boiler , for a state of the art boiler brimming with all the latest gas saving technology , but all of theses saving's are likely to be at a cost , maintenance , spares , the fact that the boiler will need renewing after a few year's ect ect , there is a case in a trade magazine , published by corgi 6 year old condenser , to date it has had 3 fan's , several igniter probe's , control panel , control box , it has also burnt through the back of the boiler , desroyed the wiring loom , & the boiler is a write off !!!

I have a different take to boiler reliability

that you get what you pay for in the end and never base your purchase on the 'brand' strength. use your own sense and judgment.

so I have never installed a WB and never will(hopefully) and only 2 valliants in the last 6 years.

there is plenty of reliable boilers out there. we just have to choose to fit them.

it alway makes me laugh that some go on about "condensing boilers" as some strange new high tech thing. it is just taking more of the heat out of the flue gas... thats it :LOL:

condensing does not make boilers less reliable... tight wad manufacturers/customers make boilers less reliable.

condensing does not make boilers less reliable... tight wad manufacturers/customers make boilers less reliable.

of course it makes them less reliable, theres more in them to go wrong.

you are right though. if manufacturers made them properly there would be better reliability. of course that would be passed on to the consumer and no one would buy it.

I have a different take to boiler reliability

that you get what you pay for in the end and never base your purchase on the 'brand' strength. use your own sense and judgment.

so I have never installed a WB and never will(hopefully) and only 2 valliants in the last 6 years.

there is plenty of reliable boilers out there. we just have to choose to fit them.

it alway makes me laugh that some go on about "condensing boilers" as some strange new high tech thing. it is just taking more of the heat out of the flue gas... thats it :LOL:

That's right condensing boiler technology is not new ,1947 in the uk I beleive , Baxi & calor's new chp unit stirling engine , stirling engine go's back to 1800 & something ??? mosyt thing's are not new ??? however the ever increasing inovation's that are built into some boiler's now , result's in the intermittent fault , some manu refuse or have refused to deal with intermittent fault's on there boiler's during the warranty period ???

Depend's what one's definition of reliability is ??? unreliable boiler's create job's !!! u do not necasrily get what you pay for , I have put in 363 Biasi boiler's , budget one's ( cheap) & they have proved to be amogst the most reliable boiler;s we have ever installed !!! some have & are subject to mis use , in small commercial installatiom's ! :)

when I first started working on boilers I had a bright idea of sticking a Stirling engine to use all that wasted energy that came out the flue... my father told me it was a stupid idea and no one would ever do it :LOL:

I agree biasi had some good boilers but...you get what you pay for in the end...in boilers sold at cost(or near) you pay for it via parts and service... at any rate I quite like biasi, they are easy to fix (normally)... the new activa...well mmm...not too sure yet

also if a condensing boiler fails because it is condensing then it been miss designed...or more likely the manufacture has cut corners to cut costs.

now pcb(electronics) is a bit of a bug bear for me though. it really is an unforgivable sin for them to fail at all really. i can except the odd dry solder but the like of ideal and baxi really take the **** :eek:

link for you joe

http://www.fpwholesale.co.uk/literature/F&P_Apr06_Procombi.pdf

as i've used a few now. they seem to be good units but only time will tell!!

had a minor problem with one (ht lead connection on spark generator broke) Johnson Scotia (vokera's agent round here) attended next day and fixed 1st go - excellent service.
Hi,Thanks for link, I qualify for warmfront But I notice they always use Ideal+ the boiler has to be Kaput, and Eaga are the only contractors. So I think I would be better with Independant and paying myself?

My boiler, a Myson Apollo 30/50B (stainless steel HE) is 22 years old

SS? I doubt it.

Well, Ive just been to my garage attic to check my spare boiler HE with a magnet, and guess what, you are right, it is some sort of alloy. Thanks for that. :oops:

However 22 years and still going strong. Plus a complete spare boiler in the garage. Pretty comforting :cool:

You need to change your boiler snujib , think of the enviroment :) do the right thing , would suggest Ideal , or Keston :) :)

You need to change your boiler snujib , think of the enviroment :) do the right thing , would suggest Ideal , or Keston :) :)

Install cr@p boilers and generate megabucks for Htg-engineers for years to come. :LOL:

I like it. :rolleyes:

Install cr@p boilers and generate megabucks for Htg-engineers for years to come. :LOL:

I like it. :rolleyes:

Exactly , job creation !!! :)

Install a Ravenheat ???? CSI , could be the safest boiler on the market ?? :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back